Thread: White Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default White Page

Hi Everyone,

On my site http://ritualchest.com in the books section I added a new category (Celtic, Druid, & Norse Books) when I click on it, it take me to the page to add products which is fine, now I add the product, the admin shows the product has been added. Now when I go to check the product and click on the new category I get a totally blank page, no product nothing, If I go to the admin and turn the item off the page comes back.

I have added may items to other categories with no problem, is there something I need to turn on or change when adding a new category.

I also added another category (Folklore, Mythology, & Fiction) but haven't added anything to it. You can see what I mean by clicking on the two.

Thanks

Peter

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: White Page

I am not getting white pages ... did you fix this? If so ... what was the solution?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hmmmm. Can you see the book I have for sale in the Books > Celtic, Druid, & Norse Books category, it's not showing up on my computer. There should be just 1 book there.

Peter

Plugin Contributions

I see a blank page. Check to make sure you don't have any unescaped apostrophes or quotation marks in the product name or description.

Plugin Contributions

I add my products in the Admin > Categories / Products > New Products.
    I removed and readded everything and still the same thing, I can add the item to other categories and it works fine, only when I add another book category I have this problem.

Also can I make the wording smaller on the main page in the Who's Online box.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Get the Debug Tool from the Free Software Add Ons ... it may help spot this problem with categories with 1 product ...

Also, make a test category and add 1 test product ... does it break?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I got the debug tool, if I used it right this is what I got:

[12-Jun-2009 21:55:05] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hsphere/local/home/partof/ritualchest.com/includes/languages/english/index.php:60) in /hsphere/local/home/partof/ritualchest.com/includes/functions/functions_general.php on line 44

I did a test with 1 product, same thing happened.

I am new to this

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rhg74 View Post
    I got the debug tool, if I used it right this is what I got:

[12-Jun-2009 21:55:05] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hsphere/local/home/partof/ritualchest.com/includes/languages/english/index.php:60) in ...
    Searching for that error message in the FAQ area brings up this article, which explains where your problem is in the file shown in the error message, and what to do about it: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=87

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for all your help.

I'm afraid to start changing things, I know i'll just mess my site up.
    I'm new to this, I don't know where to start to look, I read the article and it lost me, I guess I'll just have to live with it or find someone to do it for me.

Thanks again for all your help.

Peter

Plugin Contributions

Do not be a feared ... this is not that bad ...

Open on your computer, in a good TEXT editor the file:
    /includes/languages/english/index.php

Remove from the bottom of it the space(s) and/or blank line(s) after the closing php bracket ?> as php does not like them ...

Now, reload, via FTP the file to your server ...

NOTE: you really should be using templates and overrides rather than original files for changes and customizations ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast