Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Authorize.net error message with no error message?

Hi There,

I just noticed that when my Authorize.net AIM module declines a card it says the following:

"Your credit card could not be authorized for this reason. Please correct any information and try again or contact us for further assistance."

Isn't there a line missing from this message... like what the actual error is?! Like Incorrect shipping address, billing address, name on card doesn't match, or card number is incorrect?

From a user experience perspective, this additional bit would be very nice to have! Is my module broken... any ideas what I can do to fix?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Authorize.net error message with no error message?

Well you're ahead of me..I'm trying to get the system to at least give us some kind of error message. Right now with Authorize if the customer's card is declined we're just getting it to loop back to the check out page again with no message at all.

I was searching the forums in hopes to figure out how to create an error page or message on declines.

Can anyone help on first getting it to give an error message and second to be specific as to the error for the other poster?

We would be very grateful for suggestions or help.

By the way my system is on 1.3.8a - on PHP5x/MySql 5x

Thanks

Ruth

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

In both cases, if you're using v1.3.8a and the AIM module, if you turn on Debug Log To File, and do a transaction, a log should be created in the /cache/ folder. Post the contents here.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Authorize.net error message with no error message?

Dr. Byte - now I'm more concerned than I was before I tested this issue. I created a test product of .05 - I put it into the cart and went through the checkout - I intentionally used a bad billing address. After hitting the confirm button I was, as customers have reported been looped back to the checkout without any error message nor confirmation of purchase.

I opened the error log - and here is top line -
    Response Code: 2.
    Response Text: The transaction resulted in an AVS mismatch. The address provided does not match billing address of cardholder.

Now that all looks fine, as I did enter a bad address... but the transaction went through!! A couple of moments later I received an email that I had just made a charge of .05!! It should have never gone through!!

First I need to fix the error message - but the transaction was clearly bad yet it charged the cardholder. Is this our issue or Authorize.nets issue.

By the way, I'm using the one page checkout in the event that is creating any issues. I can't speak for the other poster.

Ruth

Plugin Contributions

A further update on this transaction - Authorize.net shows the transaction as declined... yet the card was charged! Now I am totally confused! I'm going to follow up by contacting them also to see why that happened.

Ruth

Plugin Contributions

I've done more research - and it appears that the lack of an error message is in fact due to the FEC contribution. I'm going there to read more on that issue and hopefully how to correct.

I'm still concerned that Authorize.net even with a decline, charged the credit card on a transaction - I will report back if that is in fact something correctable with Authorize or zen. But for now I'm moving my discussion to FEC support (not to be confused with cross posting).

Thanks for reminding me about the debug! Totally forgot about that little gem of a tool.

Ruth

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I'm back to this forum again and getting dizzy trying to make sure I do in fact post in the correct place, so bear with me here. I disabled FEC.

I wanted to be sure that was not the issue and so now I am using the standard checkout, but again no error messages. What language file contains the error messages to be displayed. I've checked all through the system and I'm not finding anything at all. Possibly somehow I've not loaded them, but I would have expected that in itself to throw an error (missing files)? Any clues as how to track this issue down to its root would really be helpful.

Ruth

Plugin Contributions

I've located the error messages for authorizenet_aim - so that is not the issue.

Back to square one on this one.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rwoody View Post
    A further update on this transaction - Authorize.net shows the transaction as declined... yet the card was charged! Now I am totally confused! I'm going to follow up by contacting them also to see why that happened.

Ruth
    AVS failures are not specifically handled in the 1.3.8 modules. If you want AVS to trigger a failure, you'll have to configure your gateway account to specifically decline-and-not-charge the card.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rwoody View Post
    .I opened the error log - and here is top line -
    Response Code: 2.
    Response Text: The transaction resulted in an AVS mismatch. The address provided does not match billing address of cardholder.
    I'm puzzled by that, since Zen Cart normally only proceeds if the Response Code is 1.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast