Plugin Contributions

Default Can product price=total of all attributes?

Hi all - I've searched the forum and FAQ but have not been able to find a question like this.

I'm setting up my cart to sell sets of jewellery - each set includes a necklace, earrings and bracelet. I enter the set as the product, then use checkbox attributes for the pieces - this allows people to either buy the whole set or just a piece out of it.

At the moment I have the product price set at 0 and each attribute has a price. This works, but it means that no price displays in the product listing or on the product page. Unless I enter it in the description, people have to add up the price of the attributes to figure out the set price for themselves.

I'd like the product price in the product listing and product info pages to show as the total price of all attributes, not the price of the least expensive attribute. Is this possible?

Is there a better/different way to achieve what I want? For example, can I set up each bracelet, earrings and necklace as individual products and somehow combine these in the product listing?

Thanks all for your help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can product price=total of all attributes?

Hi what if you do it the other way round?
    ie: set the price as complete set and the set the atributes to subtract as they are removed?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can product price=total of all attributes?

Nice thought - so I would make the product the set price and make the attributes something like 'without bracelet', 'without necklace', 'without earrings' and make each attribute a negative price instead of a positive one?