Plugin Contributions

Default Products ship from different states

Can't find a way to adjust my shipping costs, and I'm taking a loss on my sales....Some of my products ship from CA and some from TX. Anybody know what my options are for adjusting how the shipping is calculated. Can I have different products register different zip codes they are sent from, when they are ordered together also?
    Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Products ship from different states

What shipping module(s) are you using?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

You will need to set the second location as a manufacturer.
    All items that ship from that location will need another ups account number.

Plugin Contributions

I'm in the same boat. Have a dozen or so different location where my products will ship from. Are there shipping modules that will accomodate this? Also how do I "set the second location as a manufacturer"? Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

You would need to customize the code to have the shipping info for the various manufacturers and then customize the shipping modules to build the shipping quotes from multiple locations ...

This does not exist at this time in Zen Cart, but it could be customized ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the information. Can I then override the shipping module completely? Something where it notfies the customer that shipping costs have to be calculated manually, then places the order in a pending status so I can go in and add the shipping costs to the order (much as we do now with our eBay store).

If the answer is no, would you be willing to walk me thru step by step on how to make the customizations mentioned (yes, I'm a noob)?

www.ponypartsexpress.com
    version 1.3.8a

Plugin Contributions

... and what are you going to do when I buy 6 parts and every one comes from a different warehouse?

Best suggestion would be to average the freight costs and use a percentage of the sale as your shipping cost.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    ... and what are you going to do when I buy 6 parts and every one comes from a different warehouse?

Best suggestion would be to average the freight costs and use a percentage of the sale as your shipping cost.
    Nice idea, but it won't work. After looking at this in detail I quickly realized there are to many variables. If you order multiple items from one manufacturer I don't have a way to automatically adjust the shipping as the parts could go into one box and hence shipping would be reduced. Whereas if you order multiple items from different manufacturers they would need to go in two seperate boxes and thus shipping would not be reduced. Then throw in the fact that some manufacturers charge a drop ship fee and others don't, etc.

So now I'm back to having to manually determine shipping. Which like I said we are currently having to do anyway, so it's no big deal. How do I configure the system to notify the customer that shipping costs have to be calculated manually, then place the order in a pending status so I can go in and add the shipping costs to the order?

Plugin Contributions

We have specifc products that ship from two locations; product location specific.

We used XDropShip Combo from xmodules.com

Seems to work fine in quoting the correct shipping costs.
    It allows you to designate a "manufacturer" for each item. The module sees the manufacturer's location and quotes with that location for the specific product.

Plugin Contributions

This probably isn't the same problem, but I'm having trouble charging shipping for areas outside a set of states. I created a 48 state zone, then added the 48 contiguous states to that zone. I assigned free shipping to that zone. I need shipping calculated for anything not assigned to that zone.

Cart version is 1.3.8a. Free shipping module is enabled. Table based shipping is enabled. I have one item set to 50 pounds. Am I going to have to add all places outside my free shipping area to it's own zone to accomplish this?

I thought table based was the way to go, but that calculates based on weight.

Any ideas?