Plugin Contributions

help question Your Shopping Cart is empty - Shows New Products For June (Get ride of new products)

Yes as the title says.. when you click on "YOUR SHOPPINT CART - 0 items" links http://www.test.com/index.php?main_page=shopping_cart

It shows

Your Shopping Cart is empty (Its supose to be empty)

THEN SHOWS!!
    Shows New Products For June

It shows all the new product for june.. is there a way to get ride of this????

I think this is a way to show off your new productus so the customer can be intreged in to buying somehthing.. but client doesn't like it...

AHHHHHHH

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Your Shopping Cart is empty - Shows New Products For June (Get ride of new produc

Well, that is strange because I was sure that it would be in admin - configuration - index listing with the other options.

When I look at the code in tpl_shopping_cart_default.php it looks as if this should be able to be turner off and on in the admin section. Maybe someone will tell me I am missing something --- again!

However, as a work around ( if no-one comes up with a better answer ) you could edit the file tpl_shopping_cart_default.php. In the override version.

Find the section that reads:

Code:
    <?php
      if ($show_display_shopping_cart_empty->fields['configuration_key'] == 'SHOW_SHOPPING_CART_EMPTY_NEW_PRODUCTS') { ?>
    <?php
    /**
     * display the New Products Center Box
     */
    ?>
    <?php require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_modules_whats_new.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/tpl_modules_whats_new.php'); ?>
    <?php } ?>
    And edit it to read:

Code:
    <?php
      if ($show_display_shopping_cart_empty->fields['configuration_key'] == 'SHOW_SHOPPING_CART_EMPTY_NEW_PRODUCTS') { ?>
    <?php
    /**
     * display the New Products Center Box
     */
    ?>
    <?php /*require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_modules_whats_new.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/tpl_modules_whats_new.php');*/ ?>
    <?php } ?>
    With the /* and the */ you have commented the line that loads the new product template so it won't be applied. You could delete it but this way means that you can revert to it easily. ( Particularly if someone tells you the setting is in the admin section and I have just missed it )

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Your Shopping Cart is empty - Shows New Products For June (Get ride of new produc

well if its code i have to change.. forget that.. the client can live with it..

Plugin Contributions

You can turn it off in admin:

admin/configuration/stock/Show New Products on empty Shopping Cart Page (change to 0)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks worked like a charm

SOLVED