Plugin Contributions

Default Erratic behaviour - cart has a mind of its own!

I was putting some new items on the web site last night.
    I entered a new categories into the wool and accessory section.
    The system created an additional new category by itself with no name but active. ie numbers 129 and 131.
    The new categories I added were 128 (kaleidoscope by cleckheaton) and 130 (nautico by cleckeaton)
    When I was adding products in these section occassional the system would create an extra product by it self this being completely empty and inactive.
    If i tried using this one it doesn't retain information, I tried using it and every thing went fine. If I go an add another product, this first one all infromation would disappear and I would be left with the completely empty and inactive product.

I also found that if I have to change information in a product it would save it, but if I go into another product and save the first one would be empty and inactive. Then I would have to start again with that product. This has been happening frquesntly especially if I try to change the quantity after it goes to zero or the cart allows the sales to go into negitive stock.
    Hope this makes sence

I paid a programmer to upgade all my zencart sites a few months ago hoping to illiminate bugs and the frequebcy of troubleshooting but now I am even more lost why the carts won't behave.

Does anyone know where to start please?
    The site in question is http://cccpatchwork.com.au

'E-Start your web store' book - I Got it and now ..... I GET IT !....Well alot more of it anyway (-:

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Erratic behaviour - cart has a mind of its own!

I am still stuck on this. Can anyone help please?
    'E-Start your web store' book - I Got it and now ..... I GET IT !....Well alot more of it anyway (-:

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Erratic behaviour - cart has a mind of its own!

Is it possible your site has been hacked and not working properly, and thus needs patching and cleanup?

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130161
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/announcement.php?f=2&a=14

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.