Plugin Contributions

Default fix_cache_key.php just redirects me back to index.php

I moved servers and I have the "hello, thank you for loading zen cart" stuff. I saved the database and everything and loaded it into the new server. I had to change the usernames and passwords in the config file, and I changed the path for the cache. After I run the fix cache, it just brings me right back to index.php. I'm not sure if I just have something else screwed up? If i had everything all setup correctly minus the cache fixing, would I still see something more of my store instead of the thank you for loading zen cart?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: fix_cache_key.php just redirects me back to index.php

Here is the FAQ on switching servers: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=100

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

i followed the faq... again, it's just whenever i execute this php file it just brings me straight to index.php and it should be at least giving me an error if i did something incorrectly (with the database usernames/password/path) i would think.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Maybe you're not actually running the fix_cache_key.php file properly? Maybe the store is redirecting you because it's encountering a file-not-found situation because you're trying to access something that's really been uploaded to some other folder/location?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Do you run an open site or is it more of a member only site?

I ask because I just moved a decent size site the other day and ran into the same issue. However, in my situation the site is a member only site so you can't view any page further than the index.php until you are signed in.

Once I signed in with a real user account I typed in the extention and hit enter. The file should be in your stores root so it should look like this .com/YOURSTORE/fix_cache_key.php

I was directed to a screen with some information telling me a successful execution was done. Then you can delete the file.

Just a thought to try.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rennsix View Post
    Do you run an open site or is it more of a member only site?

I ask because I just moved a decent size site the other day and ran into the same issue. However, in my situation the site is a member only site so you can't view any page further than the index.php until you are signed in.

Once I signed in with a real user account I typed in the extention and hit enter. The file should be in your stores root so it should look like this .com/YOURSTORE/fix_cache_key.php

I was directed to a screen with some information telling me a successful execution was done. Then you can delete the file.

Just a thought to try.
    hmm, no the site was not in a members only. again i know i have the file uploaded correctly, but it brings me to that page... if the database file's are hooked in correctly should I be seeing something more than the "welcome" screen... like maybe my cart that looks all messed up because it doesn't access the data 100% properly?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Maybe you could supply a URL?

Plugin Contributions

I have this exact same problem...

I just setup a test store in a sub-folder, followed everything to a T...
    then I finally upload the cache file and go to "http://www.rootdomain.com/subfolder/fix_cache_key.php",
    it just shows a blank white page, like the file wasn't doing anything.

When I tested the store domain, I was getting re-directed back to the root (live) store.
    I have the Magic SEO URLs mod, so I deleted the .htaccess file just in case that was the forwarding problem...
    the test site doesn't forward anymore, but the main page is blank white as well.

I can access the admin, but the catalog on the test site isn't loading.

Plugin Contributions

I should mention that I've manually updated the Session path in the admin,
    but it's still not fixing the catalog or "fix_cache_key.php" pages...both are blank.

I've tried changing permissions on various folders (cache, admin, root, etc)...
    I've also gone over both config files multiple times, all the paths are correct.

I see many other threads on this topic, but they aren't quite like this...I know the difference between the admin and root ().
    I'm certain most everything was done properly...the admin is working, products are listed, most recent customers from live store are there (database loaded properly), etc.

Any ideas why the catalog won't show?
    Barring this cache file, what are the usual suspects for a blank front page?

Thx!

Plugin Contributions

Well, after hours of fooling around...
    I finally discovered that Magic SEO URL's will only work on ONE url (it's a paid product),
    I disabled the files and the store shows up.

GRRRRR!!!

It would be nice if the Magic SEO URL developed would leave a message instead of simply disabling the site...
    I think he's gonna get a few solid days of PITA for wasting my time like this.

Hack mofo developer!!