Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

red flag UPS discounted rates not showing in UPS XML

Hi Everyone,

I have searched the Zen Cart support and forum threads extensively for the solution to the problem I am having with no luck and I am hoping someone can give me the answer.

I have set up a shopping cart site at www.bigleyshoes.com/shop and I am having an issue with the UPS XML contribution. The account we have with UPS now has the negotiated discounted rates active on it and I have entered all the Access Key and UserID/Password information into the module correctly.

The problem I am having is that when I send an item with a certain weight and destination on the UPS site it comes up as $13 (discounted rate) but when I put the same item and destination into the UPS XML module it comes up as $22 (published rate). I am using the same method of shipping for both ways.

Is there something else I need to do so that the negotiated rates show up on my zen cart? I can't find a solution anywhere and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: UPS discounted rates not showing in UPS XML

I am not sure if this will be helpful or not but I have been using the UPS XML module for some time now. It seems to get the prioritized(3-day, 2nd Day, Next Day) negotiated rate right always seems to be a little off on the ground rates. I looked into it and could not figure it out so I just accept it that way. I would be interested if you find and solution though.

Marc

Plugin Contributions

Thanks....would like to have a solution to this problem....it is very frustrating. UPS is impossible to deal with as they don't have any solutions to integrating the Online Tools to Zen cart or don't care to tell you how. The only solution I can find is this XML module and I need it to see discounted rates....some one help please!!!

Plugin Contributions

The only other thing that I noticed in the past is that if your max package weight under 'configuration'>'shipping/packaging' is set too low then Zencart adds more packages and calculates the rate based on two or more packages going to the same address. Probably not your problem but I just remembered that it happened to me in the past when I started seeing that the customers were paying inflated rates.

Marc

Plugin Contributions

I have another thread going on this issue...seems we are both having the same problem. As the XML module stands it seems it is not coded for negotiated rates, needs an aditional flag or so.

I'm working with UPS and hopefully will get this done. I will post the outcome / solution once I have it.

Plugin Contributions

Good luck, I talked with people for weeks at UPS only to reach an abrupt stop when I got to the top. They insist that all integration be done by the software developer. I even brought it to there attention that there were many people that would like to utilize this module and the lower rates being shown during the checkout process would persuade more customers to choose UPS as their preferred shipping method. They just told me no.

Good luck and be sure to keep us posted.

Thanks,
    Marc

Plugin Contributions

marco....that sounds great....do you know when you would have this done approx? For our client we basically need it done yesterday type thing with them so the sooner the better. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Is there no one with a solution to this problem? I can't be the only one needing discounted rates showing up in the UPS XML module. I was looking at osCommerce contributions and they have a UPS Rates & Service Gateway module that now includes a negotiated rates option.....is there some way this can be brought into the Zen Cart module?

I find it very interesting that this module has not been updated in 4 years and no one has added anything to it. Please someone help!!!!

Plugin Contributions

Here is the version I modified for my website, it will return Negotiated Rates only. Read the readme file, you have to add your UPS account number to one line in the file!

Hope this helps...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

I was looking over the module last night and once I change the "Quote Type" from "Residential" to "Commercial" everything was fine. The charged shipping rate on all of the orders that I did today were a perfect match with what Worldship was charging me when I printed the labels.

Marc

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast