Plugin Contributions

red flag Security Patch - "New Version Available v1.3.8s1" warning does not go away

I just installed the new security patch in the admin of my site(s). Problem... in the admin I still am getting the "New Version Available v1.3.8s1 :: Important Security Patch" warning in the top right of the admin area.

The patch is installed so shouldn't that go away? I checked my version info under "Tools" > "Server/Version Info"... and it says Zen Cart 1.3.8a still.

What's up with that?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Security Patch - "New Version Available v1.3.8s1" warning does not go away

Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Kim, I guess we'll just have to disable the version check for now... I think that's a good work around.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Security Patch - "New Version Available v1.3.8s1" warning does not go away

Quote Originally Posted by davemehta View Post
    Thanks Kim, I guess we'll just have to disable the version check for now... I think that's a good work around.
    Only "good" if you remember to click the "Check for Updates" button on a regular basis.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Stay tuned to the Announcements area for a possible patch update to help get rid of the message in a more friendly way :)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.