Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default How does Zencart re-create the Session from zenid, say for a callback URL for payment

Hi all

Does anyone know how the Zencart Session can be re-created from a callback POST sent with the zenid in it, from a payment gateway? I am creating a custom payment module for a little known payment gateway, but I think the $_SESSION['customer_id'] check is preventing it working.

I was told the zenid should be passed back, which it is, although its called $_POST['donorref']. but I cant see how the session would be recreated from this. Does anyone know?

P.S. I have asked this question elsewhere (http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...593#post745593) and Phil has very kindly helped me out but I didn't want to fill up his Worldpay support thread. Sorry if this is double posting.
    Last edited by infocom; 25 Jun 2009 at 01:32 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How does Zencart re-create the Session from zenid, say for a callback URL for pay

donorref' is going to have to be translated into zenid for the session to be re-established so a simple intermediary page where

<?php
    header('Location: index.php?main_page=checkout_process&zendid='.$_POST['donorref']);
    ?>

Will do it (or a similar page) but with regards to the adapting of my modules to do this, the system will throw you out if you don't have a password to get back in and unless you disbale it entirely.

Thank you

Philip.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How does Zencart re-create the Session from zenid, say for a callback URL for pay

This is a big help... so the zenid has to be in the URL and Zencart recreates the session.

I have now got the Callback working from the payment gateway using the above line in a file (after various security checks). So thanks very much.

But now, after this happens and the cusomter clicks to return to the store from the payment gateway, it creates a duplicate order! The return URl for the customer is index.php?main_page=checkout_success. I thought as the callback processed the order it would not process it again on this page, but it does. -

Plugin Contributions

We talked about how it recreates and how the model works, but you never completely explained whether it was a browser that would be trigerring the successful payment or a post from the payment gatery. Plue there's an error in the above. There should be exit; after the header line.

I would [I]guess[/I since I haven't seen it etc... that your browser it returning the "I've been paid" result and it has a cookie, so without the "exit" added above, the session is being recreated and marked as paid, while it goes off and adds the donorref which then pays its again. The exit will cure the duplication probelm (must be happening damn fast though for teh order not ot have been deleted while the header is set) and you will still need the donorref because not everyone has cookies working and would surf the entire site with the url in the title.

It does stiill sound like you have a security problem though, if there's no unique feedback or encrypted reference posted from this mystery gateway, then there is nothnig stopping a person visiting the page driectly with their browser, posting the information and marknig an order as paid without visiting the gateway.

Thank you
    Philip.

Plugin Contributions

Actually I think its working now, just needed to get my head around checkout_success, checkout_process, and how zencart processes the order using zenid etc.

So I think its all working. Going to run a few more trials.

Basically I now have a callback.php file used for the payment gateway callback, which does a check to make sure the request comes from the payment gateway and if payment was a success, and if both these pass, it redirects to:-
    index.php?main_page=checkout_process&zenid='.$_POST['zenid'].'

If it fails the checks it does nothing at the moment.

Adding the zenid on the end means Zencart knows what the order is for and now processes it.

Then when the client clicks on the Return to Store button, they are redirected to:-
    index.php?main_page=checkout_success OR
    index.php?main_page=checkout_payment

The first one shows the summary of the order they just made, which was processed by the callback POST.

So it seems to work fine.

you never completely explained whether it was a browser that would be trigerring the successful payment or a post from the payment gatery.
    The problem I have had is the system uses Callback POST AND redirects the user back. Initially I was relying on the user coming back to the site to trigger it, but some people were not clicking on Return to Store. An old problem when not using Callbacks I guess you know. So I started to use the Callback but couldnt get the payment gateway to recreate the session. So thats done now thanks to your help.

Plue there's an error in the above. There should be exit; after the header line
    I have added that now, thanks.

if there's no unique feedback or encrypted reference posted from this mystery gateway, then there is nothnig stopping a person visiting the page driectly with their browser, posting the information and marknig an order as paid without visiting the gateway.
    I have a security key to check against if the POST came from the payment gateway and thats working. But how do you get around this in the checkout_process file? I notice if I go through the the Checkout process to Step 3, then just go to index.php?main_page=checkout_process directly, it processes the order anyway, so I am not on any custom page I have created at all, its all been Zencart pages, so thats a problem isnt it? How would the checkout_process page know whether payment has been made, my callback file does the check, not checkout_process

Plugin Contributions

Just to summarise that last post as its long, the callback is working, but that very last point is an issue I cant see how to fix?

Plugin Contributions

Oh dear I spoke too soon, call back not working anymore

It seems the header('Location: index.php?main_page=checkout_process&zenid='.$_POST['zenid']);

is not working because if I enter the full URL with zenid in another browser that I am not logged in with it processes the order OK. So seems the payment gateway is not following this redirection.

Oh well will come back to it again later.

Plugin Contributions

The one major flaw is that you just change URL's in the title bar and it mark the order as processed. WHat you need to do if set one of the mthods in the payment module to return false and redirect to the login page (followed by exit after the header) before the order is processed.

There are various is a hook in the module to enable you to do this called $payment_modules->before_process(); this can check that the amount is correct, that the password or encryption coming back is okay, and if it fails it should redirect before the page checkout_process.php reaches the line

$insert_id = $order->create($order_totals, 2);

poor payment modules (in particular on oscommerce) do not use the method correctly and so if I or anyone else wanted to go on a spree, I'd send out fake emails from the gateways (a trivial thing to do) along with changing the urls in the browser window which would mark the orders as paid. Unless the shop owner religeously checks their payment gateway by logging on, then it's very easy to send out orders only to find out afterwards that there is no cash in the back. (this is similar to the worldpay exploit that I discovered as well as 7 modules on oscommerce, the difference is that the ZC team did something about whereas the bugs still exist on oscommerce). Interestingly I have yet to find a security PCI scanner that deals with this issue by any manufacturer who claims to make a shop more secure, certainly none of them have contacted me about the exploits.

Philip.

Plugin Contributions

Posted via Mobile Device

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for that, I'll try it over the weekend. You would't have an idea on why the header location redirect would not work when the payment gateway calls it would you? It works when I call the callback file in a browser (using some temporary test variables in the URL to by pass security checks for testing this). So I am positive it's all correct, it just doesn't work when payment gateway calls it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast