Plugin Contributions

Default Customer Registrations

Hi everyone

i'm slowly getting my site together, and will no doubt have some questions in the near future, but one (well two), things i need to try and find out at the moment are;

1. When a new customer signs up to register, they are only given two options of "Mr" or "Ms". Could someone explain how easy/straight forward it is for a relitive novice to add "Mrs", "Miss" and maybe "Dr" to the original list of two please ?

2. The other thing I'm wondering about is customers password reset. I've looked through the admin area and cant seem t find anywhere, a place to reset a customers password, should they forget it. If there isnt anything there, could someone let me know how a customer would reset their password or would they need to create another account ?

Many thanks

Bryan

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer Registrations

1. In the current version of ZC, it is not possible to insert additional TITLES (Dr, Miss, Mrs ...) I understand it will be possible in the next version.

2. Passwords are reset by the system when a user clicks "forgotten password" on the login screen. ZC generates a new password and emails it to the user. The user can then change this to their own password in their "My Account" screen. The administrator does not reset users' passwords.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

1) Turn it off. Disabling the salutation is one of the first things I do when configuring Zencart. Using customers' names seems to work fine for me, and I've never had a complaint. I have, on the other hand, had complaints from Mrs's when addressing them as Ms.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the very quick replies guys.

Steve - dont know why i didnt think of turning it off, lol. It's usually the simplest things that we miss eh ? Turned it off now

Thanks both for the replies.

Now I just need to try and figure out which paypal option to choose, and how to set up my delivery options....any takers

Bryan