Thread: order id 1

Plugin Contributions

Default order id 1

my actual order id is 27. after testing the shop, i need to reset the order id to 1. ho can I do that?

do I have only to empty the table orders and run ALTER TABLE zen_orders AUTO_INCREMENT = 0 ?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: order id 1

There are many tables related to storing order data. You cannot just empty the "orders" table or else you will encounter serious errors when placing new orders.

There are many approaches, depending on your database knowledge and skill.

One approach could be to:
    a) delete all 27 existing orders using the "delete" button, one at a time.
    b) then reset the auto-increment to 1 on the orders table.

Or, as many others prefer, you could use the Admin->Tools->Store Manager utility to reset the order numbering at a higher number, say 100.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

You says "delete all 27 existing orders using the "delete" button, one at a time and then reset the auto-increment to 1 on the orders table" but before you said that i cannot just empty only the orders table because there are many tables related to storing order data. Which are these tables? i need to delete the stored data even in these tables?
    thank you

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you use the "delete" button in your Zen Cart admin Orders page, the system will properly delete the records from the respective tables.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    If you use the "delete" button in your Zen Cart admin Orders page, the system will properly delete the records from the respective tables.
    So, i have just to delete orders by "delete" button in my Zen Cart admin Orders page, and after that I canreset the auto-increment to 1 on the orders table by alter table?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Yes, I thought that's what I had said.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Yes, I thought that's what I had said.
    why, when I delete orders by "delete" button in my Zen Cart admin Orders page, have I to insert a autoincrement in the admin page higher than the last order? why is me that I have to run a sql command manually in phpmyadmin to alter table with autoincrement 0?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Your other alternative is to delete the entire cart and re-install ... that will give you a nice clean database.