Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't access my admin after renaming

Again, the "Thanks for loading Zen Cart" page is a direct result of the configure.php file not being present, or not readable, or not accessible due to file permissions problems, or containing information that points to the wrong folders.

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=33

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by beyre View Post
    Ok, now I have this problem.

I have a fully functioning store ... so the install went fine ... 100% functioning store.

I went and did the new security patch and renamed the admin folder - let's call it "abc123".

In admin/includes .... I changed the admin folder name in the configure.php file in the 3 places to abc123.

Now when I try to log into admin at, www.site.com/store/abc123 I get a 404 error.

I reversed the security patch and still nothing.

So, rename admin folder and change the admin folder name in 3 spots in the admin/includes configure.php file .... what else is there to do to rename the admin folder and have access ????

Yes, I changed the permissions on the configure.php file.
    Renaming back to admin fixes things.
    Just a heads up in case your ftp program has the same issue as mine. I had this same problem and went round and round and round trying to figure out why the heck it was happening. Finally I found out that I needed to refresh my view in the ftp program THEN rename my admin folder and it worked fine after that whereas before I was renaming the admin folder and it showed up as being renamed but when I refreshed saw it was still called "admin". So I refreshed first, renamed it then it took.

Plugin Contributions

Not sure what you mean by "refreshing" ... I've disconnected from the website, done to another website, and came back to the website and still see the admin file renamed ... I guess you can call that refreshing.

It's like, once I have installed Zencart with the default admin file name, setup the store, load products, etc ... and then go to rename the admin file following the proper steps, it won't accept it. The only time I've been successful in renaming the admin file was at the very beginning when I installed the cart for the first time.

Silly technology!

Plugin Contributions

Like behre I'm having the same problem. I change the admin folder as per the instructions but I just keep getting a page 404 error. However, when I change everything back to admin, I can gain access.

I've tried rewriting the permissions for the admin/includes/configure.php. It is really starting to do my head in. Just can't figure out what is going wrong. I've read so many threads with other people having similar problems and theirs seem to work in the end but not mine.

Help!!!!!!!!!!

Plugin Contributions

I used FileZilla FTP ... and now know what you mean by refreshing.
    I still have to yet to rename the admin folders of the various websites in question ... to see if that was the issue or not. But just wanted to give an update.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by girlyracer View Post
    Like behre I'm having the same problem. I change the admin folder as per the instructions but I just keep getting a page 404 error. However, when I change everything back to admin, I can gain access.

I've tried rewriting the permissions for the admin/includes/configure.php. It is really starting to do my head in. Just can't figure out what is going wrong. I've read so many threads with other people having similar problems and theirs seem to work in the end but not mine.

Help!!!!!!!!!!
    Curious when you went to access the admin folder you did change the url right? Not being funny or mean, but I'll admit I overlooked it as well.

Plugin Contributions

Yep changed the url and that's when I got the page 404 error. Have changed it all back to admin for the time being. Will probably take another look at it tomorrow. I'd had enough of it for today, fresh pair of eyes tomorrow

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Every time I've renamed an admin folder I've used these steps: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=33
    The 404-Not-Found message will generally only happen if you've not actually renamed the folder successfully (using your FTP program or whatever tool you choose).

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi DrByte, yes I am using these very same instructions. Just now I tried again, this time I did it from my CPanel using the file manager. Changed the configure.php in admin/includes, then went across and changed the admin file. Kepts the slashes as they were, there are no extra spaces, everything has been done to the letter. Again, same problem, I just keep getting "Page not found".

I am really starting to feel like I'm bashing my head against the wall here. Could there be something else stopping this from working? Is there another file I should be looking at? Could there be a corruption somewher?

I just can't understand why it won't work when I rename the folders yet when I revert back to calling everything "admin" I can log in and gain access.

I must admit I'm not that savvy on more complex issues but this is the first real problem I've had that I've not been able to resolve. Everything else I've managed to sort out using the great advice given here on the forum.

Short of re-installing zencart and re-building my shop, which I don't really want to do, what else can I do? Anyone? Please???

Plugin Contributions

Result!!!!

Just tried it again and it worked.

I had Ceon URI Mapping (SEO) installed and it was obviously changing the static URI. I just went in and put in an exception for the configure.php and it worked.

Can't believe I was so stupid not to have realised this before.

Thank you every one who replied to my query.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234