Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't access my admin after renaming

Dr. Byte - just wanted to say thanks for the link - It worked well.

Turns out that the host had to correct the read/write status of the files - even though my info said everything was set right.

Now that thats done - just ckecked it now.

Now for the next item - because when they made the file read only to get rid of the red warning label at top of cart - It looks likes it triggered this to happen after I logged in.

Hello. Thank you for loading Zen Cart™.

Have a link for this too?

I think I recall in the book that there were 2 files I had to configure and then make read only if I'm not mistaken.

admin/includes/configure is the one we just fixed - is there another one I would need to correct to keep the "Hello. Thank you for loading Zen Cart™." page from coming up? I saw my store last night - it was fine - today when I log in - I see the install page.
    Last edited by janissaire; 15 Jul 2009 at 08:43 PM. Reason: spelling

Plugin Contributions

Don't need to worry about this - I fixed it - I deleted one of the two configure files by mistake and loaded in the back up - all is good.

Plugin Contributions

Have a Drink Re: Can't access my admin after renaming

When I did a fresh install of "zen-cart-v1.3.8a-full-fileset-12112007"
    Trying to rename admin to say for example "meathead" I followed
    "https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=33" But these fields
    "define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/admin/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_ADMIN', '/admin/');
    define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/mystore.com/www/public/admin/');"
    didn't write to the configure.php file (btw install ran fine) so I edit the config file and add missing fields and change * admin to meathead . I can go to the store and when I type the url for meathead it goes to the log on page, put in u:\p:\ click the login button and I get a 404, The requested URL /admin/login.php was not found on this server.

What am I doing wrong?

Thankz

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

There are 2 files named "configure.php". One in the admin folder structure, and one in the non-admin area. They have SOME similarities, but are *intentionally* different.
    Note that the tutorial/FAQ article tells you to edit the admin one. It looks like you edited the wrong one.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thankz for the quick response.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't access my admin after updagre 1.3.7 > 1.3.8

Quote Originally Posted by ebusinessman View Post
    the upgrade is not complete.

check if you have function zen_get_languages() in this file:

admin\includes\functions\general.php
    I am having a similar issue. I CAN access my admin interface after changing the admin folder. But if I try to use any of the tools there such as configuration/my store I get an error message say the orginal admin folder could not be found (The requested URL /catalog/admin/configuration.php was not found on this server.). I have checked my admin\includes\functions\general.php file and it does not contain the function zen_get_languages() line in it ... could this be my problem, and if you think it is, could you please tell me exactly what I need to add and where please. ... as always, thanks to everyone for all your help :-)

PS. I have triple checked my admin/includes/configure.php file, and unless I am more stupid than I thought it is correct

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't access my admin after updagre 1.3.7 > 1.3.8

Quote Originally Posted by liam1964 View Post
    I am having a similar issue. I CAN access my admin interface after changing the admin folder. But if I try to use any of the tools there such as configuration/my store I get an error message say the orginal admin folder could not be found (The requested URL /catalog/admin/configuration.php was not found on this server.). I have checked my admin\includes\functions\general.php file and it does not contain the function zen_get_languages() line in it ... could this be my problem, and if you think it is, could you please tell me exactly what I need to add and where please. ... as always, thanks to everyone for all your help :-)

PS. I have triple checked my admin/includes/configure.php file, and unless I am more stupid than I thought it is correct
    Oh Ok, how stupid do I feel now ... all I had done wrong was I forgot to change the permissions to the configure.php file, so the changes I was trying to make were not being saved ... how embarasing <<BLUSH>>

Plugin Contributions

I seem to be having the same problems. I have attempted to rename my admin folder and made the relevant changes to the file admin/includes/configure.php (where admin is now the renamed name).

My store is still working perfectly but when I attempt to access the admin section, I get the "Hello. Thank you for loading Zen Cart™." page.

I have downloaded the admin/includes/configure.php file to check that the changes actually 'took' and it seems fine. I am logging in via SSH to make the permissions changes without any problems.

I have since reversed all my steps and renamed the folder back to admin, but all I can get is the Thankyou for loading ZenCart page.

Please can someone help me, I'm fairly new to PHP and Zencart and this is worrying me sick.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The "Hello. Thank you for loading" message is a result of having bad or unusable content in the configure.php file. So, either your edits corrupted the file, or you entered wrong paths when you edited things.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ahh,

I too have followed the instructions as given, and have the exact same problem. Interesting. My site is new and at the latest version. The changes are saving. I have changed to the new name as instructed and then changed back. Changing to the new name gives me the Welcome to Zen Cart page, changing back to admin lets me back in.

I will hit it again tomorrow and let you know if I figure anything out. Right now, my brain needs a rest. Please post if you find the solution. Like you, I am pretty comfortable that I am doing things correctly, so...

I'll keep you posted.

Regards
    AnUncommonFind.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast