Plugin Contributions

Default error when trying to log into admin after changing admin name

I have just made changes to my admin/includes/configue.php file and change the admin name to a new security name which is the same as what I change in the configue file. I now cannot log into my admin folder, I get the following message,

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/#####/html/testsec/includes/configure.php:1) in /home/content/#####/html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 108

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/content/#####/html/testsec/includes/configure.php:1) in /home/content/#####/html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 108

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/#####/html/testsec/includes/configure.php:1) in /home/content/#####/html/testsec/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 36

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/#####/html/testsec/includes/configure.php:1) in /home/content/#####/html/testsec/includes/functions/
    general.php on line 21

I have change to new admin same in the above example for security reasons. My website seems to be working ok at this time.

I am using Zen-Cart 1.3.8

Thanks for your help

Jerry

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: error when trying to log into admin after changing admin name

Quote Originally Posted by pcrcanada View Post
    Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/#####/html/testsec/includes/configure.php:1) ...
    You probably have a blank line or space, or some other invalid character on line 1 of that file.
    Related FAQ: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=87

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I am having the same problem:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/xxx/includes/configure.php:1) in /home/content/xxx/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 108

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/content/xxx/includes/configure.php:1) in /home/content/xxx/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 108

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/xxx/adminkej55/includes/configure.php:1) in /home/content/xxx/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 36

I have confirmed several times that there is no blank line or characters in confirgure.php at line 1. Nothing before <?php and nothing after ?>

Plugin Contributions

Just one other possible point -- my site was upgraded to PHP 5 at the same basic time. Would this better explain the problem?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

PHP5 should have nothing to do with it.

What editor did you use to edit the configure.php file? It sounds like you've got hidden characters at the beginning of the file, which is a classic indication of using an editor that's set to UTF8-With-BOM mode instead of UTF8-without-BOM or just plain ANSI/text/ascii instead.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Originally I had used MS Expression Web but subsequently I have just used Notepad. Maybe create a new text file and copy into it??

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Big_K View Post
    Originally I had used MS Expression Web
    EEKS ... I would NEVER trust an MS application to edit anything on my website. Ever. Way too much crap and unreliable in my experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_K View Post
    Maybe create a new text file and copy into it??
    Probably a good start.

Plugin Contributions

Well, the new text file seemed to do it. Unfortunately MS Expression Web was the default for *.php files so that is why it opened it automatically. Notepad from now on. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You'll enjoy Notepad++ better. http://notepad-plus.sf.net