Default Is there user tracking module somewhere?

I'm looking for module which would track customers on zen cart site. I want to be notified when customer comes back to my store even if he won't log in. User detection should be done via cookie.

Is there such module? I want to add some user friendly information for unlogged customer. For example, lets assume that customer Jack goes back to my store. He is greeted with "Hello Jack" message, sidebox displays status of his last 3 orders, featured item box displays product that he might like based on previous orders etc, etc.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is there user tracking module somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by data_digger View Post
    I'm looking for module which would track customers on zen cart site. I want to be notified when customer comes back to my store even if he won't log in. User detection should be done via cookie.

Is there such module? I want to add some user friendly information for unlogged customer. For example, lets assume that customer Jack goes back to my store. He is greeted with "Hello Jack" message, sidebox displays status of his last 3 orders, featured item box displays product that he might like based on previous orders etc, etc.
    There is a "User Tracking" in the Add Ons section.
    It doesn't do what you want however.

For privacy reasons I would not proceed this way.
    Especially as a lot of my customers use shared computers at their place of work.
    This sounds like a way to get a lot of very unhappy customers as their info would be available to anyone using that computer.

imo this sort of info should only be available to a "logged" in customer.

Default Re: Is there user tracking module somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by gilby View Post
    There is a "User Tracking" in the Add Ons section.
    It doesn't do what you want however.

For privacy reasons I would not proceed this way.
    Especially as a lot of my customers use shared computers at their place of work.
    This sounds like a way to get a lot of very unhappy customers as their info would be available to anyone using that computer.

imo this sort of info should only be available to a "logged" in customer.
    I don't think it'll reveal any private data. I'm not talking about auto logging or providing cc/account information to such visitors, just few convenient improvements like 'Your last order has been shipped [login for details]'.

Look on Amazon.com, they do the same thing.