Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Problems w/ Website Payment Pro?

I am very new to Zen Cart and this forum. Tried searching for "customer receipt" could not find anything.

I am using PayPal Web Payments Pro to process payments on a Windows Hosted server using Zen Cart version 1.3.8.

PayPal does not send the customer a payment receipt. Where do I set up the payment receipts for customers. When I do a test purchase, after confirming the order, I get a blamk page and no receipt is sent.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: customer receipt

That means your order isn't completing. Perhaps you have a bad upload of your files?

When an order completes, PayPal will send your customer a receipt (if they are paying using a PayPal account or have somehow transacted using the PayPal pages), and your store will send your customer an order-confirmation email (which it does every time an order is completed, regardless of payment module).

The FAQ area has an article on how to troubleshoot the causes of Blank Page problems; https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Regarding the order not completing - the CC information is received and processed, the card is charged by PayPal and appears in our account but there is no other indication.

What is suppose to happen after the API sends the CC information to PayPal? Does an acknowlegement from PayPal of a successful transaction trigger an event. If we enter a bad CC number we get a red error message saying the credit card number is not valid.

Plugin Contributions

On the paypal side, did you enter a valid return url?

Plugin Contributions

I don't know - I will check. We had previously been using a Godaddy Quick shopping cart, it must have had it already built in.

I will check.

Plugin Contributions

Wow - this is harder than I think or I am not to bright.

Went to PayPal Account and set up the following:

WEBSITE PAYMENT PREFERENCES
    Auto Return: ON
    Payment Data Transfer (optional): OFF

https://shop.mystore.com/index.php?m...eckout_process

PAYPAL IPN
    https://shop.mystore.com/ipn_main_handler.php

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Have you set up your PayPal settings using the instructions? http://www.zen-cart.com/getpaypal

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yes - I have been using PayPal for several years. We had a Godaddy Quick Shopping cart which worked well but it could not process PayPal CC payments on site.

The Zen Cart is much superior and we can submit charges but no order confirmation is generated. The payment is processed but then the IPN process does not appear to be initiating. It appears that the return path is incorrect, the subdomain shop.mywebsite.com is a problem, or the Zen Cart settings are not correct.

We can get the customers money but are not giving them any confirmation of any kind.

Plugin Contributions

Default IPN required w/ Website Payment Pro?

Is install of the PayPal IPN web payments standard module required when using PayPal Website Payments Pro?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: IPN required w/ Website Payment Pro?

No, you must have PayPal Express Checkout installed with PayPal Pro.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast