Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to get of New PATCH Available: v1.3.8a - patch: [1] :: Important Security Pat

there is only one CORE file that has been modified .. html_output.php , you can identify all patch files and remove them , and replace html_output.php either with new file , or simply remove the extra code that was added to this file .. you can find that information in read me section of patch .

before doing so , download and install Debug utility , follow instruction on how to use it . this tool will generate a error log , pointing at problem file or files that causing blank page. post back the error if you can not figure how to fix it . https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to get of New PATCH Available: v1.3.8a - patch: [1] :: Important Security Pat

I have downloaded and installed the patch, there only seems to be one version available, but after unzipping it looks like it includes at least one file that was updated July 25. I have tried reinstalling a couple of times, I have changed my admin folder, etc. I still get the message "New Version Available v1.3.8a :: Important Security Patch" and the "Download Here" link leads me to the exact same file I already patched. So I try again... Still see that message! How do I make it go away? Again, I have installed and reinstalled the patch files multiple times.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What version of Zen Cart are you using? The message will not go away if you're not using v1.3.8a and the security patch. If you have an older version installed then ... well ... the message is correct.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

One of the problems I ran into which made the red error message stay on top and which made my online catalog page become blank is that I installed the patch files into INCLUDES, not ADMIN>INCLUDES.

The file names are all the same, so it's an easy mistake to make. It was when I moved the output.php that the catalog page went blank.

So make sure you're copying the files into the include directory in your ADMIN directory (or whatever directory you changed admin to).

Now I get my catalog page and the red error message goes away.

Plugin Contributions

Have installed the patch.. only 5 minutes ago. It's telling me this at the top of admin (now renamed to something other than admin)

New Version Available v1.3.8a :: Important Security Patch
    Download Here

link = http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130161

I have downloaded and installed this patch twice in the last half hour, with no luck on removing the message.

Could it be something else that I've missed?

Plugin Contributions

You just answered my question...
    Glad I read upwards on the page..

Off to update from 1.3.7 now.

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12