Plugin Contributions

Default Customer Notifcation ??

I hope this is the right place. I received an order, filled it, shipped it, and seen that it was delivered. When I went into admin to change the order status as delivered, I noticed it said Customer Notifcation with a big red X beside it. All other status, such as processing, and pending have a nice green checkmark beside them. What does this mean with the red X beside Customer Notification? Thanks.
    Christine

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer Notifcation ??

It means that you did NOT notify the customer that it was delivered or shipped.

Whenever you want to send info on an order to a customer you need to enter that info in the comments box and give it a Status - then select Notify Customer, and Append Comments. That will send the customer an email of that info and will also post it to his order record.

We use this feature extensively for communication with a customer on an order. We do not send emails outside of the sytem when it relates to an order. This way everyone in the company knows what's up on any given order.

Cheers
    Joel Silverstein, VP COO
    Tech Diving Limited
    http://www.techdivinglimited.com

Plugin Contributions

Thanks so much. Still learning.
    Christine

Plugin Contributions

Our method of communication with customers is very direct. We found that the higher the communication the better.

Here's our method.

Once an order is placed it gets the standard auto "processing" letter from Zen Cart and sets the customer to "Processing"

Once we get the order an individual note is then sent to the customer so they know a human has had gotten the order. It says something like.

=======================
    Hi Christine,

Thank you for your order. It will be processed and shipped shortly.

Regards,
    Joel Silverstein, VP COO
    Tech Diving Limited
    ========================

and is then set to a new Status called "In Shipping Department"

From there it gets processed , charged, pulled and sent to shipping. Shipping can take from a few minutes to a few days depending on whats on the order.

If we need clarification or we want to offer a substitute we will send a note and mark it as "Info Requested" if its a custom order it will be changed to "In Production"

You can customize your "Status" labels under Localization > Order Status

Then .... once an item is shipped we go back into ZEN and email the customer and let them know the order has shipped with a tracking #.

Using the customer notification area will be one of your key communication tools. Take advantage of it. It will pay you back big dividends.

Cheers

JDS
    Joel Silverstein, VP COO
    Tech Diving Limited
    http://www.techdivinglimited.com

Plugin Contributions

Thank you. This is good info to know. I did send an individual email to the customer and followed that up with an email with the tracking number. I too know that the better the communication, the better the sales. Thanks again for your help. I did not realize I could change the order status. I will do that now.
    Christine

Plugin Contributions

Is there a way to take a look at what is it in the message sent to the customer? Is there a "sent" folder somewhere?

Plugin Contributions

Default Customer Notifcation

Hi,
    I did a test order to see what my customers are getting in terms of notifications.
    I use the french language pack by the way.
    Due to the use of extended characters, my email notifications are filled with stuff like:
    été actualisé eété indiquée
    Is there a way to correct this so that the email notifications deal with extended caracters properly?

Furthermore, where can I go and personnalize the content of these email notifications?

Help appreciated!