Plugin Contributions

Default can't change Testing:successful to testing declined in Linkpoint Pymnt Module

I am using Zen Cart version 1.3.8a.
    I have just moved my site from NoMonthlyFees to Bluehost.
    I have only the local sales tax add on installed
    I have only customized the stylesheets, and turned the layout boexes on/off.
    I have searched the forum/FAQ.

THe problem started when I moved the site from one host to another. I followed the instructions in the FAQ, and it seemed to go smoothly. My store and admin area are functional, with the exception of the LinkPoint payment module. I configured it before moving the store , and it remained configured after the move (e.g the store # stayed in the module, and it remained as 'Testing Successful'). I wanted to try the 'testing declined' but when I go to admin->modules->payment, then to LinkPoint, I can edit it, change to Testing declined, and save it. No errors are produced, but when I go back, it remains on Testing successful. I have tried to change it to Liveroduction, but that doesn't work either. I have tried enabling/disabling/ editing other modules, they seem to be fine. I can add/delete products from my database, so that appears ok too.
    Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: can't change Testing:successful to testing declined in Linkpoint Pymnt Module

ok, I stand corrected. I can INSTALL modules, but I cannot EDIT anything. I installed another payment module, and it activated with no problem. When I tried to change any of its options, the same thing described above happens: I click edit, change a setting, click update button. There is no error, I am returned to the main admin page, and when I go to check on the new setting, it's still the old one.
    I also tried to go to the Tools -> Layout Boxes controller, and turn a box off. It didn't work, the original settings were immutable.
    I know I posted this in the wrong forum, sorry, but I don't see how to move it to somewhere more appropriate.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: can't change Testing:successful to testing declined in Linkpoint Pymnt Module

Sounds like a permissions thing - maybe something different about the new host. I'd check the permissions on the admin folders/files first.

What about other Admin - Configuration functions - can you change those?

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for writing back. I have looked at the admin folder, and the permissions are all set at 644 or 755, so that should be fine. I cannot edit anything in the admin panel - I went to Configuration -> Minimum values, and I modified some of the fields. When I checked, they remained at their original values.
    I do think it has to be a permission thing, but there's nothing obvious. I will call the webhost, they've been great so far, but I suspect they won't have much help to offer.

Plugin Contributions

Please check your admin/includes/configure.php for the database information, make sure it is connecting to the new host's database and not your old one.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

I think you may be onto something. I have checked my configuration file, and the information is the database I'm currently using. On the old website, I did an auto install using Fantastico. On the new website, I did a manual install. Is there anything in that information that could account for the difficulty?
    I called my web hosting company, and they said the database (which I manually created and gave myself full permissions on) looks ok to them. So I don't think it's a permission on the database, and the files all look ok. Is there anything else in the configuration.php file that a) wouldn't produce an error but b)would write to an incorrect path?

THanks,
    White Wolf

Plugin Contributions

I should clarify -by "All files look ok", I mean their permissions are wither 644 or 755.

Plugin Contributions

Please post the contents of admin/includes/configure.php, without the actual user name and password info.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for all the follow up I received in regards to this issue. In most forums, you get one suggestion, and that's it. Here, you guys went above and beyond.
    I appeared to have solved the issue. I don't know why this worked, I'm guessing that it was a DNS issue, but I'm not sure. In any event, here's what I did:
    1. Made a complete backup (files and database) on the old webhost's server. I then deleted the database and the files. (This FAQ is great for telling you how to back up your db:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=103 )
    2. On my new webhost's server, I made a backup of the files and database, and then deleted them.
    3. I cleared my DNS cache on my computer (on windows XP, go to Start, then click run, then type cmd in the box that appears. A black DOS box appears type in ipconfig /flushdns ). Hit enter.
    4. I pulled the plug from my cable modem, and turned off my computer. I waited one minute, plugged the cable modem in, then waited another minute, and turned my computer on.
    5. I then followed the instructions in this article (ignoring the part about backing up your database on the old host, since it was done already:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=100.
    6. I went into my store, and was able to edit!