Plugin Contributions

Default How do I resize center column when left and/or right sidebars are disabled?

How do I force my center column to full width when left and right sidebars get disabled?

For reference take a look at the news blog I am working on.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I resize center column when left and/or right sidebars are disabled?

configuration>layout settings then column right status-global and column left status-global

Set the columns that you are not using to '0'

Marc

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I resize center column when left and/or right sidebars are disabled?

Quote Originally Posted by tat2nu View Post
    configuration>layout settings then column right status-global and column left status-global

Set the columns that you are not using to '0'

Marc
    Explain please. I do not understand what you are talking about. Below is the code I am using to hide the side columns:

Code:
    if (in_array($current_page_base,explode(",",'wordpress')) ) {
        $flag_disable_right = true;

}
    I found a theme that seems to work for wordpress to display from center to right column. So issue is kind of moot now, but I want to get educated on this, so if I need it in the future I know how.

What I want to do is add something after that line that disables the right column, to force center column to resize to occupy space that right column used to have. Or if both right and left columns are disabled then the center column to go to full width.

Plugin Contributions

Which template is that? Have you looked at the support thread for it?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

From the admin page look under the 'Configuration' tab then scroll down and click the 'Layout Settings' button.

In the 'layout settings' page look down and you can control your right and left columns there with 'Column Right Status - Global' and 'Column Left Status- Global'. When the column are turned off here then they allow the 'Center Column' to take up that space.

Marc

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Which template is that? Have you looked at the support thread for it?
    Yeah I looked at the thread for it. Problem is it's in bits and pieces and a nightmare to even attempt to piece it all together. I spent 2 days of vacation doing nothing but researchin pieces of forum thread on that issue and got no where.

As far as the URL to see what I am talkinga bout look at http://news.arcademprosoftware.com

I also bought that manual a couple years ago, but can't find nothing in it on forcing the center to resize when I turn the columns off on the fly.
    Last edited by dmm2020; 6 Jul 2009 at 05:25 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tat2nu View Post
    From the admin page look under the 'Configuration' tab then scroll down and click the 'Layout Settings' button.

In the 'layout settings' page look down and you can control your right and left columns there with 'Column Right Status - Global' and 'Column Left Status- Global'. When the column are turned off here then they allow the 'Center Column' to take up that space.

Marc
    THis will not work because those settings are GLOBAL. I do not want the side columns turned off globally at all.

The problem is as you see in my prior post, when I turn off the left and/or right columns the center column does not resize automatically, least not with wordpress.

Plugin Contributions

From what I have learned is that they are either 'on' or 'off' globally. You can have pages with nothing in the column but the column will still be there. This fixes your column alignment issue in stylesheeet.css

Code:
    .outer {
        padding-left: 197px; /* Same width as margin-left for the float-wrap div */
        padding-right: 182px; /* Our right column width */
    }
    .inner {
        width: 100%;
    }
    .float-wrap {
        float: left;
        width: 97%;
        margin-left: -197px; /* Same length as .outer padding-left but with negative value */
    }
    #content {
        float: right;
        margin-right: -197px; /* Same length as .outer padding-left but with negative value */
        width: 100%;
        line-height:1.6;
        position: relative; /* IE needs this  */
    }
    .contentWrap {
        padding: 5px 0 5px 5px;
    }
    #navColumnOne {
        float: left;
    }
    #navColumnTwo {
        float: right;
        margin-right: -182px; /* This negative margin-right value is in this example the same as the right column width. */
    }
    * html #navColumnTwo {
        margin-right: -202px !important; /* Fixes IE6 Issue */
    }
    /* end wrappers - page or section containers*/
    Post in the Cherry_Zen template thread and see if there is a solution to get the center box to expand in the absence of a sidebox. The link is here:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72703

Marc

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, I got it.