Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default We are unable to find a USPS shipping quote suitable for your mailing address

"We are unable to find a USPS shipping quote suitable for your mailing address and the shipping methods we typically use."

My USPS account is configured and I've installed that patch I saw floating around here. I input my home address to ship to and my business address is properly set up in my webtools account. I don't have zones configured (so shipping through usps should be applicable everywhere). Is there something I'm missing?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: We are unable to find a USPS shipping quote suitable for your mailing address

In your Zen Cart USPS module settings, you can select which shipping methods you want to allow people to select. Perhaps USPS isn't allowing certain methods for certain destinations/weights?
    What happens if you enable *all* the options?
    What is the weight you've assigned to the product you've added to your cart?
    And, in your Admin->Configuration->Shipping/Packaging, have you set up your zip code properly?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: We are unable to find a USPS shipping quote suitable for your mailing address

I have enabled all options, both national and international, as I thought that might be an issue. Doesn't seem to make a difference.
    The weight I've assigned is 2 pounds, and my zip code is configured correctly (although I wonder if the USPS module would be interested in that or in my profile with WebTools? academic question, doesn't seem to matter either way as the zips are identical in both)

Additionally, I have debug mode enabled but I don't receive any emails based on my attempts.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

When you mention your "WebTools" profile, are you referring to your USPS Shipping Assistance profile? Or your actual WebTools user ID? They are different.
    Related FAQ: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=327

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

It is a webtools user ID that I put in. I also called USPS and verified that I am in production mode. I still receive the same error.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

That particular error message is a catch-all error which appears only when the response from USPS is not usable and there wasn't an obvious connection failure when asking the USPS server for the quote. A fringe case would be if you had unchecked several delivery methods and those were the only ones USPS would allow for the given destination.

Basically, you should never see that error.

And, it's odd that you're seeing nothing in debug emails ... which suggests that it's not actually even attempting to get a quote.

Perhaps one or more of your PHP files is damaged on the server? esp the /includes/modules/shipping/usps.php file?

Plugin Contributions

I have re-uploaded the usps.php file from the patch I found on these forums, but I still receive the same error.

You're absolutely correct, though. I wrote a short test script to see if I could pull rates through the API, and it worked without error. It's only when attempting to pull information through Zen-Cart that I receive this notice.

Okay, I fixed it by re-uploading the original usps.php that came with my zen-cart. Odd. From what I read in the forums, even with the latest Zen-Cart, that patch was necessary. Did I misread it, maybe? Well, it's working correctly now, regardless. Thanks for the help!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

With v1.3.8, you would need the May 12, 2008 patch posted here: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2. If you don't patch it, you'll end up missing certain quotes, and will get duplicate quotes on certain shipping options.

Plugin Contributions

I just downloaded the May 12th patch, uploaded the new usps.php to my modules/shipping directory, reinstalled the module, and am still getting the error. Has their been another patch since that one that I need instead?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gandalf88 View Post
    I just downloaded the May 12th patch, uploaded the new usps.php to my modules/shipping directory, reinstalled the module, and am still getting the error. Has their been another patch since that one that I need instead?
    Never mind, I figured it out. USPS can't be trusted to do anything right on their end apparently. They never actually turned my account over to Production despite telling me otherwise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast