Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Copy products from one store to another

Ok, so I wanted all my products I have in this one store copied over to a new store.

I rolled up my sleeves and started looking at the database. I don't have any attributes on the products and extra things like that so I figured this would be pretty simple. I found that the only two tables with any relevant data that needed to be transferred were (1) zen_products and (2) zen_products_description. Of course there are other zen_product_xxxx tables but those didn't have any valuable data and were just null so I ignored.

I edited my product's info via Excel to put the proper category ID's in (for the new store since the id's are different), get rid of the pictures as I will be uploading new ones, as well as made some minor changes to the new data going in so it was all kosher.

Then I put those two tables into my new store's database (by the way: the new store was exactly that... new! no items in it yet so no need to worry about existing data in the new store's tables).

Then I went to my new site and I saw on the homepage it listed the items under "New Products for July". I can click on a product and it indeed shows it properly and based on the address its' in the right category( even the breadcrumbs show properly) on the item page.

Problem: The item's don't show up in the categories. If I click a category, it shows "No products in this category". In the admin it also shows 0 of 0 items by each category -- when it's supposed to have the products there! So for some odd reason it's like they are in the database but it's not showing up in the categories. Is there a table I'm missing? I thought it would be more straightforward than this.

~ Dave

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Copy products from one store to another

Dave,

Install easy populate on both sites.
    Create a products file at the old store and then import (upload) it to the new store.

Tina

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Copy products from one store to another

Tina, thanks for the reply. Does Easy Populate allow for changing the categories before uploading to the new store? I was working directly with the database for that specific reason as I would need to remap the database fields.

Anyone else know the answer to my ORIGINAL question? I am going to check out Easy Populate, but I still would like to understand why what I did didn't work? It's odd because I don't see any other DB table that references the products or "puts" them into categories, so copying those two tables as I did, should have worked... right?!? So odd.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Copy products from one store to another

Hello, I am new to the forums and I wasn't sure if you had an answer for this. I thought this might help. I have a table called products_to_categories that specifically stores the information you are looking for. Hopefully copying this will help.