Plugin Contributions

Default another security patch question

I haven't been on here in a little while so please be patient with me.
    My version was 1.3.8. My new version is 1.3.8a. The database patch level is 1.3.8.
    Here's the thing. I did not upgrade or update this myself. I saw that it needed to be done but had to come back at to do it. Well when I went back, it was already done. Was this an automatic push?
    Can someone tell me what to check to be sure that everything is as it should be?

Thank you in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: another security patch question

No, there's no automatic push. However, some web hosts have been applying it automatically to Zen Cart's on their servers.

To check if the patch is in place, download a copy. It consists of four files that need to be applied to your site, three of which are very distinctly named - check that they exist on your server in the same folders as they do in the release, and a copy of html_output.php which needs to over-write the one that came with 1.3.8a - check that the date stamp on your copy is within the past 2-3 weeks (as of this post anyway).
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Ok, so I spoke with my host and although my Zen Cart says
    1.3.8a they didn't do it. I went over my files individually and the patch files are not in any of my folders. My site has been live for over a year and I just want to make sure that I don't screw this up BEFORE touching anything.
    I haven't touched it yet because I have been perusing the forums for issues that others may have had so that I don't make the same mistakes.
    I just want to make sure.
    So following the instructions, I do my backup first and place the four files in the respective folders and the output one as well and I should be fine correct? I shouldn't see any difference because the additions will be running in the background right?
    Thanks again in advance for any help given and your patience with helping me get through this the correct way the 1st time.

Plugin Contributions

If your site is a year old then the original installation would almost certainly have been 1.3.8a. I doubt there's anything to worry about there.

If you place the files precisely where they are supposed to go, you shouldn't have any problems, apart from possibly with a handful of older add-ons that don't follow Zen Cart's conventions for building forms.

Bear in mind that although you can see in the forum questions from people who had problems, what you can't see if the (I'm sure) much greater number of people who simply installed this without any issues.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)