Plugin Contributions

Default Using Custom Templates and Override system

If one uses a template from the free template collection and selects that in the template area of the Admin panel, does one still have to worry about the Override System? Do I still need to copy everything needed into a separate folder?

thanks.. sorry if this is obvious.. I've tried searching for the question and can't find or missed it if it's here..

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Using Custom Templates and Override system

Using a template from the free templates or creating one of your own is using the override system. If you make changes to any files not included with the template, save the modified file to the template folder on the same level.

For instance, you've installed a template called FRED. There should be various folders for that template in various locations, but all of them will be FRED. You want to edit something in includes/languages/english/meta_tags.php and it wasn't included in includes/languages/english/FRED/. You'd copy includes/languages/english/meta_tags.php into includes/languages/english/FRED/ and make your changes there, so you'd end up with includes/languages/english/FRED/meta_tags.php .
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Using Custom Templates and Override system

Quote Originally Posted by afo View Post
    Using a template from the free templates or creating one of your own is using the override system. If you make changes to any files not included with the template, save the modified file to the template folder on the same level.

For instance, you've installed a template called FRED. There should be various folders for that template in various locations, but all of them will be FRED. You want to edit something in includes/languages/english/meta_tags.php and it wasn't included in includes/languages/english/FRED/. You'd copy includes/languages/english/meta_tags.php into includes/languages/english/FRED/ and make your changes there, so you'd end up with includes/languages/english/FRED/meta_tags.php .
    Well done!

@PlexusDesign There is another Info, maybe you'll get some help.