Plugin Contributions

Default Free shipping for orders over xxx limited to "national"

Switzerland and Liechtenstein are two different countries but share the same currency, taxes and postal system.

I set up a suitable zone definition which works fine for shipping and taxes.
    I just realised Liechtenstein customers do not see this Free shipping option. Problem is when I set "Free shipping for orders over xxx" as "National" it uses my store address country (Switzerland) not the shipping zone countries.

I did a forum search but did not find a work around where I could set National as two countries. Any suggestions welcome?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free shipping for orders over xxx limited to "national"

Considering the uses of the string 'national' found throughout ZC, between payment methods, order totals, and shipping, it almost seems like the solution would be to modify the country name(s) so that both countries come up under one country id and the other country would be disabled. :/

Such a solution would also necessitate updating customer records, but would also mess up shipping addresses.

So, the more correct single customized solution would be to locate all uses of 'national' within your installed software (tools->developers tool kit) and modify the checks to search for countries within the group of countries. Doing this throughout the software...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Considering the uses of the string 'national' found throughout ZC, between payment methods, order totals, and shipping, it almost seems like the solution would be to modify the country name(s) so that both countries come up under one country id and the other country would be disabled. :/

Such a solution would also necessitate updating customer records, but would also mess up shipping addresses.

So, the more correct single customized solution would be to locate all uses of 'national' within your installed software (tools->developers tool kit) and modify the checks to search for countries within the group of countries. Doing this throughout the software...
    Thx
    Knew there would not be an easy solution

Maybe I could persuade the developers to change this in a future version

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by marton_1 View Post
    Thx
    Knew there would not be an easy solution

Maybe I could persuade the developers to change this in a future version
    You know on "second" thought, for the specific case, you could add a check of if the country code being tested against is x and yours is y then treat as local. Would correct the issue for you now, but would need to be carried over for the next upgrade.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...