Plugin Contributions

Default PayPal Express Link Button Image/Location

I don't think has been posted before, I have seen variants but not what I am looking for so here goes....

My client has PayPal Express installed. On the 1st checkout screen, you see the paypal logo and also on the continue checkout page. Our problem is that we believe customers are having a hard time trying to complete the order because they do not see any credit card symbols, just the paypal logo and think "I don't have paypal" or don;t know what it is.

So my question is, can we change the button to one of paypal's other buttons with the credit card symbols on it and if so, where is the code that calls the button?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Express Link Button Image/Location

So, you're thinking that a "PayPal Express Checkout" button followed by a regular "continue checkout" button should also include credit card logos so people know to click one of the buttons?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Express Link Button Image/Location

Quote Originally Posted by drzac2003 View Post
    So my question is, can we change the button to one of paypal's other buttons with the credit card symbols on it ...
    I get what you are saying and i have a medium sized PayPal logo with all the credit cards next to the small single PayPal logo on the checkout page by uploading to the icons folder and enabling one of the credit cards in the admin section. You just overwrite one of the cards already there by changing the image to cc1.gif or cc7.gif - I suggest remembering which one or choosing a card icon you will never use.

For people who have PayPal enabled but they don't need to have a PayPal account and can checkout with one of their credit cards it's good to have the cards available to show them.

You can actually customize a lot and add SSL logo's to your checkout should your store have an SSL certificate or you can change some of the text to let people know on the actual page that no account with PayPal is required to checkout. That assumes you are in a country which allows checkout without an actual PayPal account and assumes you have a business PayPal account.