Plugin Contributions

Default Help with error messages please v1.3.8a

Hi all. I've just added a new template and am now receiving error messages in both the zen cart template and the new template. There is a red bar at the top of the page saying strict error reporting is on. I have managed to clear some error messages from advice in forum posts but still have 3 left that I can't find fixes for. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Notice: Undefined index: customer_id in /usr/local/pem/vhosts/domain_ path/cart/includes/templates/generic_template/common/tpl_header.php on line 49

Notice: Undefined variable: show_search_header in /usr/local/pem/vhosts/domain_ path/cart/includes/modules/sideboxes/search_header.php on line 19

Notice: Undefined variable: var_linksList in /usr/local/pem/vhosts/domain_ path/cart/includes/templates/generic_template/templates/tpl_ezpages_bar_header.php on line 19

Any help much appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help with error messages please v1.3.8a

Quote Originally Posted by Whale View Post
    Hi all. I've just added a new template and am now receiving error messages in both the zen cart template and the new template. There is a red bar at the top of the page saying strict error reporting is on. I have managed to clear some error messages from advice in forum posts but still have 3 left that I can't find fixes for. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Notice: Undefined index: customer_id in /usr/local/pem/vhosts/domain_ path/cart/includes/templates/generic_template/common/tpl_header.php on line 49

Notice: Undefined variable: show_search_header in /usr/local/pem/vhosts/domain_ path/cart/includes/modules/sideboxes/search_header.php on line 19

Notice: Undefined variable: var_linksList in /usr/local/pem/vhosts/domain_ path/cart/includes/templates/generic_template/templates/tpl_ezpages_bar_header.php on line 19

Just found more errors...sorry. There are also these errors appearing when I select a category. The page is blank except for the error message.

Notice: Constant TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS already defined in /usr/local/pem/vhosts/domain_ path/cart/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 35

Notice: Constant TABLE_HEADING_QUANTITY already defined in /usr/local/pem/vhosts/domain_ path/cart/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 37

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/pem/vhosts/domain_ path/cart/includes/languages/english/index.php:35) in /usr/local/pem/vhosts/domain_ path/cart/includes/functions/functions_general.php on line 44

Plugin Contributions

I'm also getting a lot of "Undefined variable:" errors with sideboxes. Completely out of the blue for me.... wasn't even touching the code when these errors started appearing. I'm thinking something was either 'upgraded' or switched in the server environment.

Plugin Contributions

They don't seem to be major. I have asked my ISP why they were showing and they had altered an .htaccess file they had set up for error tracking. They have disabled strict error messaging now.

Plugin Contributions

Bingo. We discovered we had something similar going on with error messaging that was having a cascading effect on the Zen Cart. We're developing a php class for our Zen Cart that had
    Code:
    ini_set('display_errors',1);
    and in order to close off this cascading effect we put
    Code:
    ini_set('display_errors',0);
    at the end of the class file.
    The strict error reporting was the tip off.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mteipe View Post
    Bingo. We discovered we had something similar going on with error messaging that was having a cascading effect on the Zen Cart. We're developing a php class for our Zen Cart that had
    Code:
    ini_set('display_errors',1);
    and in order to close off this cascading effect we put
    Code:
    ini_set('display_errors',0);
    at the end of the class file.
    The strict error reporting was the tip off.
    You're a legend. Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Hi mteipe,

I'm experiencing very similar errors to yours on a client's site which was hacked recently. A colleague has been in and removed tons of malicious code from numerous php files but we're still getting these errors along with intermittent, blank portions of pages. I've looked through pretty much all of the files on the site & can't seem to locate any differences now to a backup created around the time of the intrusion.

I have a hunch these errors are being created by an add-on and wondered if you could suggest where I should look for third-party classes to see if there's a syntax error similar to the one above? The other possibility could be some kind of false/incorrect entry in the db..

Thanks for any advise in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by deeve View Post
    I'm experiencing very similar errors to yours on a client's site which was hacked recently. A colleague has been in and removed tons of malicious code from numerous php files but we're still getting these errors along with intermittent, blank portions of pages.
    Can you paste there errors to the forum? Also rather than removing all that malicious code can you try rebuilding that site with a fresh Zen install? Just a suggestion if it's corrupt.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mteipe View Post
    Can you paste there errors to the forum? Also rather than removing all that malicious code can you try rebuilding that site with a fresh Zen install? Just a suggestion if it's corrupt.

Also might be a good idea to list the plugins you're using when posting the error.