Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Protx Module Missing in Payment Modules List in my admin

Hi All,

When I first installed the Protx module, it appeared in the payment modules list. I clicked the 'Install' button on the right hand side and the screen refreshed. At this point the Protx module had disappeared and I've not seen it since.

I've seen the FAQ that mentions removing duplicate Protx files and reinstalling all module files. I've done this but I'm still having the same issue.

Any ideas?

Zen Cart version: 1.3.8a
    Fresh Install with Pear & Crypt_Blowfish installed

This is the first time I've used ZenCart or anything like it for ecommerce.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Protx Module Missing in Payment Modules List

One thing has come to mind since I wrote this post and I don't know if it might be relevant...

When I installed the Protx module, I didn't upload the "_docs" directory. I have since uploaded it and it's made no difference but I wonder if its absence at the time of clicking the 'Install' button has caused this problem.

Any ideas please?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Use the utility mentioned in this article, and install it on the admin side (as referenced in the instructions). Then go to your modules list. Then check for the debug log file, open it, and see what PHP error has occurred. Post the error here if you don't know what to do with the error details. Might look it up in the FAQ section first.

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Here is the result of the debug error:

[23-Jul-2009 18:24:11] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function file_exists_in_include_path() in /var/www/vhosts/(domain)/httpdocs/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/protx_direct.php on line 41

Hope you can tell from that what the issue is!

Thanks again.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

That suggests that maybe one or more of the files that came with the module didn't get properly uploaded to the server.
    When you unzipped the addon, it should have contained several folders (if it didn't then you need to tell it to retain/include/show the folders when you unzip it).
    The files from those folders need to go to the same folder structure on your server. Perhaps you missed one or more? or didn't put them in the right place?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I've looked at the code of the protx php file quoted in the error message. The only reference to that function seems to test for the existance of 'Crypt/Blowfish.php'.

The Crypt folder containing the Blowfish.php file lives in the root but the php script seems to have no preceding slash so I assume it to be a path relative to whatever file is using that include.

Since the modules.php file is in the 'configure' directory it would suggest to me that the code is looking for the a path as follows:
    configure/Crypt/Blowfish.php

To me, this would suggest that the script is written badly but if this is the case then surely everyone would run into this problem. I'm confused.

I've commented out the code that checks for the existance of this file. Now the protx module appears in the modules list. There is now a warning displayed as follows:
    "Warning: The Protx Direct Database Table Does Not Exist!
    Please create the database table, according to the installation instructions!"

I have already created the table using the sql file in the protx package. However, when I examine the code for this issue, it quotes:
    "$table_exists_query = 'SHOW TABLES LIKE "' . TABLE_PROTX_DIRECT"
    Well all of my tables are prefixed with 4 characters for security purposes and so my table is actually called wxyzprotx_direct. I wonder if this is causing an issue?

Again, since it seems good practice to install Zen Cart using a table prefix I would be really suprised if nobody else has run into this problem already.

I can't just go and comment out all the bits that come up with errors because that's defeating the object. I need to fix the root causes of the issues.

Any more ideas?

PS. I've tried copying all the protx module files up to the web site several times and it's made no difference.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by edzpgt View Post
    I have already created the table using the sql file in the protx package. However, when I examine the code for this issue, it quotes:
    "$table_exists_query = 'SHOW TABLES LIKE "' . TABLE_PROTX_DIRECT"
    Well all of my tables are prefixed with 4 characters for security purposes and so my table is actually called wxyzprotx_direct. I wonder if this is causing an issue?
    Yes, it most likely is.

However, the constant "TABLE_PROTX_DIRECT" should be defined in one of the PHP files that came with the addon, and should already include the DB_PREFIX as part of the defined value, which therefore should already take the prefix into account when querying the table.

Again, since it seems good practice to install Zen Cart using a table prefix...
    Actually, in my opinion, it is ill-advised to use prefixes unless you need to distinguish one set of tables from another inside the same database.

I can't just go and comment out all the bits that come up with errors because that's defeating the object. I need to fix the root causes of the issues.
    True enough.

I'm going to defer to conor for further assistance with the module.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

[23-Jul-2009 18:24:11] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function file_exists_in_include_path() in /var/www/vhosts/(domain)/httpdocs/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/protx_direct.php on line 41

Hope you can tell from that what the issue is!
    Yes indeed. You are missing a file from the distribution. However, I can further tell that you are using a VERY old version of the module!

Please download the latest version from the downloads area. You'll find "upgrading" instructions in the _docs folder, please follow them and everything should be fine. It should only take a few minutes.

There hasn't been a version of the module with a languages file that calls a function called file_exists_in_include_path() for close to a year now! (Where did you get the module from?! It's very out of date!).

Hope that helps!

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Protx Module Missing in Payment Modules List in my admin

Hi Conor - thanks for your help.

Unfortunately, I seem to be back with a similar issue though:

[24-Jul-2009 15:38:57] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function ceon_file_exists_in_include_path() in /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/includes/modules/payment/protx_direct.php on line 168

Where exactly is the system expecting to find the PEAR files and the Crypt files?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Protx Module Missing in Payment Modules List in my admin

Hi,

Hi Conor - thanks for your help.

Unfortunately, I seem to be back with a similar issue though:

[24-Jul-2009 15:38:57] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function ceon_file_exists_in_include_path() in /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/includes/modules/payment/protx_direct.php on line 168
    That means you haven't uploaded the file

includes/functions/extra_functions/ceon_file_system_functions.php

Upload it and everything should be okay.

Where exactly is the system expecting to find the PEAR files and the Crypt files?
    This issue has nothing to do with with either PEAR or Crypt_Blowfish! It's just a case of not having uploaded a file the module uses.

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast