Plugin Contributions

Default Email not arriving

I am setting up a new site using Zen Cart version 1.3.8. I am hosting the site on Mad Dog Domain and Cattle Company.

After struggling with sending an email through Zen Cart, I called the hosting company to find out what my mail host should be is, and it is the same as Go Daddy.

I put in the host and was still receiving a SMTP error. After playing around with the settings, I changed the transport method to SendMail.

I no longer get the SMTP error, and it says that the email has been sent, but the email never arrives. Any advice?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Email not arriving

Gotta love the headaches of being hosted with GoDaddy...

Perhaps this article will help: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p..._Hosting_Plans

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I tried that before I posted and nothing worked.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rscott91 View Post
    I am setting up a new site using Zen Cart version 1.3.8.
    1.3.8 or 1.3.8a?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

When I do version on the Zen Cart control panel it just says 1.3.8. I did a check for updates and nothing came through.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I'm not sure why people use v1.3.8 when the newer v1.3.8a is available. Anyway, v1.3.8a contains a bugfix that *might* be related to your problem since you said you were using SMTP. But, since you didn't say *what* error you were seeing, I'm only guessing: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...242#post473242

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the help. I upgraded to 1.3.8a, and that did the trick. As far as your question about why people use 1.3.8 when the newer version is out, is that the older version is what is downloaded from the ZenCart site, and they do not know there is an update.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rscott91 View Post
    As far as your question about why people use 1.3.8 when the newer version is out, is that the older version is what is downloaded from the ZenCart site, and they do not know there is an update.
    LOL - I don't see that.

The download site promotes the latest file first.
    And, both files contain the date in them, and have posting date associated with them.

Anyway, the phases of the moon are also apparently a factor.