Plugin Contributions

Default Troubles after installing security patch on v1.3.8

Hi -- I have downloaded the latest patch for v 1.3.8 so I should be at version A - I performed very similar steps a couple of weeks ago. I have double checked my syntax editing the html_output.php file in the includes/functions directory. now I am getting the following error.
    :Start:
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '-', expecting T_VARIABLE or '$' in /usr/local/4admin/apache/vhosts/simplees.com/httpdocs/cataloge/admin/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 216
    :end:

I put the added line above "return $;" after searching for "zen_draw_form". Should I have copied the new file from the zipped upgrade function directory and edited it???

can not access admin - any help out there????

(I'll rename my directory when this is over)

Jill

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Troubles after installing security patch on v1.3.8

Quote Originally Posted by jrhartman View Post
    My version is 1.3.8 - NO A and I am getting an update notice, soooo thank you for your time and I'll install the 1.3.8 A upgrade.
    I have downloaded the latest patch for v 1.3.8 so I should be at version A
    Please describe what you did to move your site from being v1.3.8 to v1.3.8a.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I downloaded the most recent update today - unzipped it on my hard drive then used Filezilla FTP to upload. I opened each directory - then located the matching directory in the includes directory of my site and uploaded each file to the matching directory. then opened the html_output.php file in the includes functions directory - added the line - then when prompted by Filezilla I uploaded the saved file writing over the old file. Want to see my entry? I checked it twice and the syntax looks correct.

thanks for the quick response! Jill

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Hmmm .... I think you're misunderstanding something.

v1.3.8 is released as a zip file that includes thousands of PHP files.

v1.3.8a is also released as a zip file that contains the same thousands of PHP files, with a handful of bugfixes included. Thus a handful of the files are slightly different. But there's still thousands of them.

The security patch from June 2009, which was being announced in your admin version-check message, consists of a tiny zip file with about 5 or 6 PHP files in it along with some .html and .jpg files for documentation.

If you're using v1.3.8 (and NOT v1.3.8a), then ... your correct approach to upgrading to v1.3.8a is to update all the PHP files on your server using the newer files from the v1.3.8a zip file. Then when you're done that, apply the updated PHP files from the security patch.

It'll take you more than 5 minutes to do it though ...

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Okay - so the version 1.3.8 A that I downloaded and put on my server last night in a separate directory should have been done first - then the security files added. That file stated that it is a full version, and it scared me! Will it write over all my customizations? Should I delete the security files that I added this AM?
    Jill

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

That file stated that it is a full version, and it scared me! Will it write over all my customizations?
    It might, if you have edited any of the original files.
    That's why WinMerge is a very handy tool when doing upgrades.
    Documentation on doing full upgrades can be found here: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=108

Should I delete the security files that I added this AM?
    No. But if you replaced any files as a result of upgrading from 1.3.8 to v1.3.8a, and any of those replaced files matched the filenames of the ones included in the patch, then you'll need to re-apply the patch to those files.