Plugin Contributions

Default Moving customers details from an Oscommerce site to a Zen Cart

Hi

I am running an OSC2.2 store and wish to migrate to Zen cart. Since ive got a number of contributions already added in OSC im going to copy the products over to Zen cart manually, however i have around 1000 customers and dont want to lose their logins and customers stored passwords. How can i move them over to the Zen cart installation.

Which database tables should i copy and how... since they have a different table prefix. Its important when the customer returns to the (new zen) site that they can login with their existing username AND PASSWORD

Basically I want to move the customers name address, password etc over. However i dont really want to move records of their previous orders over.. i would prefer the order numbers start again for 1, in the new Zen cart - since i had a problem doing a Zen to Zen migration before and i ended up with the wrong order records in a customers account.

I want to move OSC2.2 to the latest Zen cart

Many Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Moving customers details from an Oscommerce site to a Zen Cart

I haven't used this, so I don't know if you can select certain fields or not, but:

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=918

Plugin Contributions

Thanks

Yes i saw that. Im really looking for a way just to copy the tables over manually seeing as i cant really see what the script is doing

So i guess what i really need to know is what customer tables to copy in OSC and how to copy them into which tables in ZC

Thanks anyway

Plugin Contributions

The link stevesh supplied above for OsCommerce Data Importer will just import customer info, by only running import_osc_customers.php if you still do not want to use it. In the code you will see how all the OSC customer tables and fields are cross linked to ZC.

Skip
    • 446F63746F722057686F •

Plugin Contributions

read your various posts - looks like you did quite a bit of work. My problem is just the opposite - I am thinking of going from Zen 13.8 to oscMax. I do not have a clue how to get my zen database to the osc database. My first choice is a complete export so I do not have to re-enter 1000 products, sales, customers, etc. I also am using the zen_ prefix. Any ideas? Thanks

Plugin Contributions

No idea sorry

I used the contribution to migrate my customers from OSC to ZC and it worked perfectly. The customers passwords also went accross and worked. I created a couple of logings before i exported and when i went to the new ZC site they worked properly

I applaud anyone who wants to move from OSC to ZC. OSC is outdated, full of bugs, no templating, the support on the OSC forum is getting much worse - basically OSC is old hat now and time to migrate your OSC store to ZC is so much better.

Thanks !
    Last edited by creamcrackers; 12 Aug 2009 at 10:26 AM.

Plugin Contributions

appreciate the response. sticking with Zen does avoid another new learning curve. My test oscMax store seemed to load images faster. Is that true? Is the program Irfanview a way to improve things. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

No I dont think so!

Try moving to a better server! If you are on a VPS try increasing the PHP memory size or ask your hosting company to do that for you, should speed things up!

If there are many people on your site slowing things down, then you should have lots of customer and be able to afford better hosting!

Try changing your PHP cache from databse to files or vice-versa and see if that works.

Probably you are on a crappy hosting company. Avoid the cpanel/plesk type services and move into cloud hosting. I recommend Slicehost.com (owned by rackspace)

Cheers