Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question "Installation In Progress" and nothing else

Hi everyone,

I've downloaded zen-cart-v1.3.8a-full-fileset-12112007.zip and implemented the 4 fixes mentioned in this thread :
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131115

I uploaded the files to a Linux server (Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS), PHP Version = 5.1.6, MySQL client version: 5.0.45), everything looked fine in the "Zen Cart™ Setup - System Inspection" screen except that :
    PHP GD Support = OFF
    GD Version = GD

I went ahead and clicked "Install", filled in the information required on the "Zen Cart™ Setup - Database Setup" screen, clicked "Save Database Settings", and then it says "Installation In Progress", and stopped there. No other text is shown.

I tried both Safari and Firefox browser.

I've installed 1.3.x Zen Cart a couple of times and this is the first time I encounter this error. The only difference between this installation and the others is that this time the server is not mine and I don't really know that much about Linux servers so I'm not sure what to check.

I do know that the MySQL user has ALL PRIVILEGES to the DB that I'm planning to use. I can see it in phpMyAdmin but the DB is empty (no tables). I'm also sure that the password is correct since I'm using that password to login to phpMyAdmin.

Please advise what else I should check... if you need more info please let me know.

Thank you in advance !

Shirley

help question Re: "Installation In Progress" and nothing else

I'm having the same problem!

I've installed the changed the setting on all of the files and folders that needed to be changed to 777. I've renamed and changed the settings on the two dist-configure.php files.

When I type in www.arizonahandmadesoap.com/store, I chose #1
    This is your first time using Zen Cart™ I got the information about the database and everything was fine. I got to the next page that says "Installation in Progress" and nothing.

When I went back to www.arizonahandmadesoap.com/store, I see that #2 states in part:
    Your /includes/configure.php and/or /admin/includes/configure.php file contains invalid path information and/or invalid database-connection information.

What should I do now? I'm really hoping to get this working. The database is there, there are no records of course but its there. Here is the information on my hosting.

• Webserver = Apache/1.3.41 (Unix) PHP/5.2.6 mod_psoft_traffic/0.2 mod_ssl/2.8.31 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_macro/1.1.2
    • HTTP Host = arizonahandmadesoap.com
    • Path_Translated = /hsphere/local/home/hhalliburton/arizonahandmadesoap.com/store/zc_install/index.php
    • Real Path = /hsphere/local/home/hhalliburton/arizonahandmadesoap.com/store
    • PHP O/S = Linux
    • PHP API Mode = apache
    • PHP Max Execution Time per page = 30
    • Disabled PHP Functions = allow_url_fopen, apache_child_terminate, apache_get_modules, apache_get_version, apache_note, disk_free_space, diskfreespace, dl, exec, highlight_file, ini_alter, ini_restore, openlog, passthru, popen, proc_nice, shell_exec, show_source, symlink, system

Thanks for any suggestion you can give me.

Heidi

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "Installation In Progress" and nothing else

I have had this problem almost every time I do a clean install, what has worked for me is to FTP the install directory again. For some reason that fixes it and the install goes as it should.

I ended up deleting the whole upload and re-did it and it works fine. Thanks for the suggestion.

Heidi

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the advice Mustang, I re-uploaded the install folder and still no joy (TAT)

Good it worked for you though Heidi (^v^)

Plugin Contributions

In the end, I had to create a new directory and re-uploaded everything (without the security patches or anything - just the original download file) to that new directory.

Case closed now, wish I could edit the original post to "solved" though...

Plugin Contributions

Well, I just wanna say that I'm running into the same problem again (and again and again)... tried 2 different FTP programs, re-uploaded for like 10+ times, and still "Installation In Progress" and nothing else...

This time I solved the problem by NOT editing the query_factory.php file, which means I've created another problem for myself because of the UTF-8 issue...

Man this is frustrating !

I don't know if it will help but I downloaded Core FTP Lite. That worked great. I'm not an expert by any means but are you following the correct installation direction? There is one for Windows, which I thought I had and one for Linux/Unix.

Just my .02

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Heidi, the installation works if I do not edit query_factory.php.

I don't remember editing query_factory.php were we suppose to? lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast