Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default HELP... 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax;

I'm having trouble since installing a neat drop down filter.

I'm trying to add the line below into my default_filter.php file so that all categories will display my products in the new to old order by default. It works well, but as soon as I select a changed sort order from the filter drop down, I get a 1064 SQL syntax error. Can anyone see what's wrong with this code:

$listing_sql .= " order by p.products_date_added DESC, pd.products_name";

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: HELP... 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax;

Here is a complete copy of the error:

1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'order by p.products_date_added DESC' at line 7
    in:
    [select distinct p.products_image, m.manufacturers_name, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_id, p.products_type, p.master_categories_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_description, IF(s.status = 1, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status =1, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price, p.products_sort_order, p.product_is_call, p.product_is_always_free_shipping, p.products_qty_box_status from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p2c.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = 1 and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p2c.categories_id IN(6,24,7,23,19,245,4,5,211,2,88,89,32,36,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51,52,53,54 ,55,56,57,58,59,60,61,62,63,64,65,66,67,80,69,70,71,72,73,74,75,76,77,78,79,87,8 1,82,83,84,85,86,9,39,38,37,40,253,41,92,93,94,95,90,91,264,33,34,35,255,256,257 ,258,259,260,261,262,263,26,27,25,28,29,30,31,273) order by m.manufacturers_name order by p.products_date_added DESC]

Plugin Contributions

You have 2 "order by" statements ...

However you are building the SQL statement you are building it incorrectly and getting the 2 order by statements added ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Linda,

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate you taking the time to look at this. My PHP skills are pretty darned weak and this one has me bamboozled. I've pasted the contents of the PHP file here:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...4&postcount=33

Perhaps, if you get time you could take a look and see where I'm going wrong?

Plugin Contributions

The major problem you're having is that now with your custom dropdown filter, you have sort orders being set in two places: with your dropdown and with the column headings (the default way that the cart sets the orders, using a $_GET['sort'] parameter). In order to avoid the sql error, you need to chop that down to just a single way to set the sort order - probably by deleting or commenting out the entire section of code from lines 139 to 193.
    Then to set your default value to the new->old that you want, change line 50 of your code to:
    PHP Code:
    $alpha_sort ' order by p.products_date_added DESC'
    Last edited by bunyip; 27 Jul 2009 at 11:05 PM.
    Neville
    An assumption is what you arrive at when you get tired of thinking...

Plugin Contributions

Can anybody help .
    when i clike the "new product " Icon" and it show

1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-0, 0' at line 11
    in:
    [SELECT p.products_id, p.products_type, pd.products_name, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, m.manufacturers_name, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_weight, p.product_is_call, p.product_is_always_free_shipping, p.products_qty_box_status, p.master_categories_id FROM products p LEFT JOIN manufacturers m ON (p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id), products_description pd WHERE p.products_status = 1 AND p.products_id = pd.products_id AND pd.language_id = 1 and p.products_date_added >=20090911 order by p.products_date_added DESC, pd.products_name limit -0, 0]

Now I'm using zencart v.1.38 and use the class green template.

http://www.kissmama.com/index.php?ma...e=products_new
    How can i slove this problem. many thank.

Plugin Contributions

Check your settings in the Configuration ... Maximum Values ... for things set to 0 ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Maximum Values
    New Products Listing- Number Per Page 0 Info

New Product Listing - Limited to ...
    Limit the New Product Listing to
    0= All Products
    1= Current Month
    7= 7 Days
    14= 14 Days
    30= 30 Days
    60= 60 Days
    90= 90 Days
    120= 120 Days

Plugin Contributions

Cheer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks Thanks Ajeh :
    Just now i change the new product listing value from 0-10
    Now everything is ok.
    Thank you very much indeed.

Plugin Contributions

You are most welcome ... thanks for the update that changing the New Products Listing- Number Per Page from 0 to a value fixed the limit 0 error on your site ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast