Plugin Contributions

Default Different handling fees for Canada & U.S. in UPS shipping module?

Hi!

I am using version 1.3.8a. I have a customer who want a $2 handling fee for ups shipments in the u.s. and a $9 handling fee for ups standard to Canada. Can anyone please help me figure out how to set this up? I have searched and searched for the answer and this is the first time that I have not been able to find the answer to my question on the site. Please help me...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Different handling fees for Canada & U.S. in UPS shipping module?

O.k., I think that I know what to do, but I would really appreciate it if someone who knows what they are doing can confirm this strategy

I am going to clone the UPS shipping module and then configure the clone to zone shipping for Canada only with the $9 handling fee.

I am having a bit of trouble with the cloning. I copied the includes/modules/shipping/ups.php to includes/modules/shipping/upscan.php. I did this for the language file as well. I think that I am changing more than what I am supposed to. I read in another thread that I should edit all occurances of ups to upscan and UPS to UPSCAN. I have tried this twice, the first time the new mod showed in the admin but when I clicked on install I got errors. The second time I just got a fatal error at line 453 in ncludes/modules/shipping/upscan.php.

Can anyone help me firgure out what I am doing wrong? or at least tell me that I am on the right or wrong track?

Plugin Contributions

Just an update. I cloned the ups shipping module and everything works great!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update that you were able to clone the UPS shipping module ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!