Plugin Contributions

Default Media Manager Assign To Product Problem

Hi,

Im having an issue with the Media Manager, uploading previews is working ok on most products but on some products when i try to assign the media clip to a product i first select the media collection, then select "Assign to Product", then select my category from the first dropdown box, the page re-loads and then i select a product and click Add. This then adds the clip to the product and you can see a delete button under the 2 drop down boxes with the clip name beside it.
    So then i check the product on the front site and there's no preview appearing. I look back in the admin and check the media collection again which was just added and it says the following:

Linked Products: 0
    Linked Clips: 1

So then i click the "assign to product" button again for the same media clip and select the category from the first drop down box again, now before i even select the product from the 2nd dropdown box after that, i can already see the "delete" button under this with the clip name beside it, as if i had selected the product in the 2nd drop down box but i've only selected the category and not the product just yet. It's as if the media clip was added to a folder instead of a product in the first place.

Anyone else ever experience this or be able to tell me if its coz of a configuration change or a DB issue where maybe the product had a problem the first time i entered it and now anytime i try to add the same product again after deleting it first, this problem re-appears everytime for this particular product but not for most others, very weird indeedy..., here's the page the problem is on:

http://sonictrip.net/store/index.php...products_id=65

Any help is much appreciated, im happy with the way the site is functioning now as a music store although im still trying to figure out how to have my media play buttons in the product listing too! :)

Default Re: Media Manager Assign To Product Problem

Hi,
    I have the exact same problem
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171414
    Check the solution giver by Dr Byte, might work for you.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...=media+manager
    I also tried a few other posts but nothing soved my problem yet...
    Last edited by emmanuhell; 5 Jan 2011 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Forgot a link in the post ;)