Plugin Contributions

Default Database changes 1.3.7 -> 1.3.8

Does anybody know which changes have been made to the database between versions 1.3.7 and 1.3.8?
    I see there are two new tables, but would like to know if fields in other tables hve been added or touched.
    It also would be great if the changes in the db would be added in the changelog files.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Database changes 1.3.7 -> 1.3.8

I'm compelled to ask "why" you're asking those questions.

Usually when I hear someone asking such questions it becomes obvious that they're trying to hack in database changes when they should really use the built-in database-upgrade script supplied with the new version. Most of the time when people try to hack in the changes manually they end up breaking things and creating an emergency that then creates demand for support that's harder to make available.

So ... what's the "why" behind your questions?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Because I got the old and new version running parallel. I modified a lot of files and it takes quite some time to compare old and new versions and write my changes into the new files. I don't want a long downtime of the shop.
    New shop is all set and now the changes in db (new customers, etc) have to be written into the shop.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

In that case I usually take a copy of the live database, import it into the new version's database, and run zc_install to take care of the database upgrade which takes only a couple minutes. Then I have all my customer and order history up to date. Then I apply any unique admin config changes that I've made notes about needing to do, and take the new version live.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

OK, thank you. I will try that.

Plugin Contributions

I just built a demo version of my site in a folder on the server to upgrade from 1.3.7 to 1.3.8 due to using PayPal in my cart. Very first time ever doing anything like this so please understand I have read and re-read many comments and instructions but can't figure out how to get the info from the database on the old file to the new database file.

DrByte says to "take a copy of the live database, import it into the new version's database, and run zc_install" but how exactly is this done? How and where do I import a database into another database...on the cpanel phpadmin?

Thanks for any support you guys can offer!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sellgourmet
    DrByte says to "take a copy of the live database, import it into the new version's database, and run zc_install" but how exactly is this done? How and where do I import a database into another database...on the cpanel phpadmin?
    Yes!! in cPanel > phpmyadmin > select the DB > select "import" >
    "browse" to where the back up is

How to create a DB backup
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=103

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=98
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten