Plugin Contributions

Default Show 2 different order confirmations - depending on payment method

Hi!

I have two different payment methods.
    Bank Transfer and PayPal IPN.

Is there a way I can show one special order confirmation for customer who choose PayPal, and another special confirmation for the ones who use bank transfer?

Which variables should I look for or use?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Show 2 different order confirmations - depending on payment method

Can you explain more about "why" you want to do this, and more about what specific differences you want in each type of confirmation?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Sure - I would like this because when people order with the bank transfer-option, I would like to tell them more about the payment info, and that we ship the order as soon as we have recieved their payment.

This is not something I want to use space on if the customer already has paid using paypal - then I would instead inform them that the order will be sent out today.

To avoid misunderstandings, and unhappy customers, I don't want to explain both scenarios like I do now. People tend to read only the first line they come across - then close the browser, and then call / send emails and ask about the same thing I explained above :)

Do you know a way?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Are you referring to what information is shown in the browser, or the content that is sent in the email?

And if you're referring to the browser, are you meaning the checkout_confirmation screen, or the checkout_success screen?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Oh, sorry..

I'm thinking about what the customers sees in their browser. The checkout_success screen, where the customer get a notice that we have recieved their order.

(Where I also would like to give the customers a summary of what products that were ordered, and the total price)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

By the time the customer gets to the checkout-success page, all the order information has been saved and closed. Only the order number remains (along with some meta info useful for affiliate processing if used). If you want to reload all the order information to display again, including determining which payment module was used to handle the order so you can display alternating messages, you'll have to re-query the database to pull up all that order information, and then work on displaying the output in the desired format.

You'll have to work with at least the following files which control what happens on that page:
    /includes/modules/pages/checkout_success/header_php.php
    /includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLATE/checkout_success.php
    /includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_checkout_success_default.php
    etc