Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Hidden Wholesale

This thread is to track issues, questions, and concerns about the Hidden Wholesale add on. I've just uploaded it, so you can expect to see it in the next couple days.

Here is the an excerpt from the readme.txt more for information:

====================================================================
    Compatibility:
    This has been tested with:

Zen Cart 1.3.8 (zen-cart-v1.3.8a-full-fileset-12112007.zip)
    Dual Pricing 1.5 (dual_pricing__wholesale_pricing_1-5.zip)

On both XP and Red Hat Linux.

What is this?!
    This add on was created to supplement functionality in the Dual Pricing add on. While the Dual Pricing add on allows you to create products with wholesale prices and customers with wholesale assignments, it does not allow there to be an exclusive relationship between wholesale products and retail products. In other words, any product is typically viewable by anyone.

There are times when you don't want retail consumers to see wholesale products. Really. It's asked for quite a bit, actually. I'm surprised no one else took a hack at it. Or rather, no one else hacked it and shared it, already. C'mon folks...

How do I use it?!
    Once properly installed, this add on uses the fields created by the Dual Pricing add on to determine whether a product should be displayed on the website. Specifically, to create a wholesale only product:

1. On the product, the "Products Price" has to be set to $0.
    2. Give it a wholesale price, just as you would with Dual Pricing.
    3. That's it! Now the product should be visible only to Customers with a Wholesale pricing level of 1-4.

This should take care of the wholesale items appearing on the New Products lists and pages, Featured lists and pages, Specials lists and pages, and All Products lists. Additionally on the category and subcategory pages and on the Categories side bars. Word of warning -- I didn't use the Featured or Specials, so I *think* they work. They should work. They'll work. I can feel it. (Let me know if my feelings have gone astray.)

Customers who log in AND who have a Wholesale pricing level of 1-4 should be able to see the wholesale products (with the wholesale prices, yay!), along with the standard retail products. I've not found a way to hide retail products from wholesale customers. Mostly because I've never been asked/paid for that. Yet.

NOTE: Some of you may balk at the idea of using a price of 0 as an external indicator. Yes, it's a hack. But it works for me and it's free for you. If you really want to set a retail product to be zero cost to the consumer, I suggest that you put a price in here, anyway, such as a suggested retail price, and enable "Product is Free". This is good business and marketing practice, anyway, but that's another topic. Or hack your own solution. Isn't open source great?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Hidden Wholesale

The mod can be found here.

I've extended maquant's original idea and released a version 2.0.

The main reason was to centralise the setting of the filter string, as I needed to use a different condition (though 2.0 release remains true to to manquant's original approach).

However, there are other improvements, notably The suppression of wholesale products to retail customers in the also purchased box and a few minor bug fixes (mainly for known problems carried over from Zen Cart core code).

One limitation at this point is that categories that are empty because there are no retail products in them, remain open, which can look unsightly. The normally recommended approach of disabling clearly won't work here, since the may need to be active for wholesale clients.

Despite these changes, credit for the existence of the mod remains with manquant. He (or she?) did the groundwork and packaged the original.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks a bunch to manquant and kuroi!! Excellent addition to dual pricing.

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for a great mod. One question I would like a product to only show to one level of wholesale customer i.e. level 1 can see product but a level 2 cannot.

Is this possible?

Plugin Contributions

I have a question about this module before I install it.

I have products already set up with the wholesale and retail prices, however, the store owner wants to add a size not available to retail customers, only wholesalers. I rather not place the new size in there with a $0.00 retail price and then it show up to retail customers like that. This wouldn't look right and would cause many to contact owner asking why they cannot purchase this size.

How would this module help me obtain this? Would I have to create a separate category for the same items but with the new size in this one and then have it hidden?

I don't really understand how I would go about this...any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Pkat

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by perkiekat View Post
    I have a question about this module before I install it.

I have products already set up with the wholesale and retail prices, however, the store owner wants to add a size not available to retail customers, only wholesalers. I rather not place the new size in there with a $0.00 retail price and then it show up to retail customers like that. This wouldn't look right and would cause many to contact owner asking why they cannot purchase this size.

How would this module help me obtain this? Would I have to create a separate category for the same items but with the new size in this one and then have it hidden?

I don't really understand how I would go about this...any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Pkat
    I tried it...couldn't use it with attribute pricing. It hide all of my categories because I use attributes to price and not the product. Therefore, all of my products had $0.00 and the Hidden Wholesale did it's job...it hid the products with $0.00...uninstalled. This is a great mod for stores that use pricing in the actual product, but not good for attribute pricing.

Plugin Contributions

Love this mod however, both retail and wholesale prices are shown when a customer logs in. Isn't there a way to only show the pricing available to that customer? For example, if the customer is assigned level 1 pricing, they only see that pricing and not both. I would have assumed it was set up that way but it's not.
    Stacee Edwards

Plugin Contributions

Well I installed Dual Pricing and Hidden Wholesale, following the instructions directly, but the wholesale products aren't showing up for my sample wholesale customer.

I'm running a fresh install of ver. 1.3.8. The only other addon I've used is ImageHandler2.

I duplicated an existing product that my client wants to sell wholesale. Set the retail price to 0 and set the wholesale price per Dual Pricing (tried with dashes, commas, as well as a single number, since I only want one wholesale price level). Edited a sample customer and changed wholesale level to 1, logged in with that customer. Although the category count now shows there is an additional product, it doesn't show up no matter what I do.

This is the final step to complete this site, and my first time using Zen-Cart (I normally use Joomla, but have grown to dislike the carts available).

Please help!

Asher

Plugin Contributions

Can this module be used with "Group Pricing Per Item"?

I really like the simplicity of that module as compared to the Dual Pricing, and would be nice if I can hide products with this mod and using Group Pricing.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

OK, I ended up using the Dual Pricing module and it does work OK. One feature I really like is that this module can be used with Easy Populate.

I noticed a comment about not being able to hide the categories - I think this is inherent to Zen Cart itself. Zen Cart should automatically detect if there are or aren't products to be displayed in the category... but it doesn't.

Anyhow, if you are doing a wholesale-only cart and want all of the categories to be hidden until the customer is upgraded from "0", then add this code to the top of includes/modules/sideboxes/categories.php:

PHP Code:
    $show_categoriesfalse;

if (
    $_SESSION['customer_whole'] && $_SESSION['customer_whole'] != '0') {

$show_categoriestrue;
    } else {

$show_categoriesfalse;
    }

if (
    $show_categories == true) { 
    And then add a final closing tag on the end:

PHP Code:

Please note, this is only for those users who have installed Dual Pricing as well as Hidden Wholesale and want ALL categories to be hidden until user is upgraded to level 1 pricing or higher.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast