Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Hidden Wholesale

Hi all, great module!

Just a question about it, is It possible to hide not an entire article but just an attribute?
    The purpouse is simple... have the wholsaler have more option and the normal customer not to see it.

Is there a way in which this module can help? I try it and work greatly hidding an article which has no normal price, but it's it doable with the attributes?

Thank for the help ;-)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by izar74 View Post
    Just a question about it, is It possible to hide not an entire article but just an attribute?
    Alas, not. Hiding an attribute would require changes within the code that builds the relevant display pages, a fundamentally different approach to filtering our specific products as is done by this module.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

I'm developing a website for a client who wants to have free downloads available for customers. I created a 'Free Downloads' product category and restricted it to Document-General. I added a couple of products only to discover they weren't displayed. Because there is no way to set the price, the price is 0 which would make the downloads available to ONLY wholesale customers.

Is there some easy way to have Document-General products work with Hidden Wholesale?

Plugin Contributions

Sounds like the product type or category is not the issue here. The "product is free" option is hiding your products from retail consumers.

The only workaround I could see for this is some custom PHP placed in all the Hidden Wholesale files, which will detect the category "Free Downloads" or detect the "Document-General" products. Then an if/then statement that turns off the "hiding" if the product falls under this category. This would be quite the undertaking though.

Another option, is to handle the downloads outside of the Zen Cart. For example, make an "EZ page" and hard-code links to items you've uploaded to FTP. However, your client will not be able to edit/add downloads themselves with this method.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dennisns7d View Post
    I'm developing a website for a client who wants to have free downloads available for customers. I created a 'Free Downloads' product category and restricted it to Document-General. I added a couple of products only to discover they weren't displayed. Because there is no way to set the price, the price is 0 which would make the downloads available to ONLY wholesale customers.

Is there some easy way to have Document-General products work with Hidden Wholesale?
    This is exactly the sort of reason why I reworked the original mod. Haven't tested this, but try changing line 162 of the mod's includes\init_includes\overrides/init_customer_auth.php file from
    PHP Code:
      $custom_restriction' AND p.products_price > 0 '
    to
    PHP Code:
      $custom_restriction' AND (p.products_price > 0 OR p.products_type = 3) '
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Wow, awesome kuroi! You added exactly what I was talking about, as a mod already

good work :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    The mod can be found here.

I've extended maquant's original idea and released a version 2.0.

The main reason was to centralise the setting of the filter string, as I needed to use a different condition (though 2.0 release remains true to to manquant's original approach).

However, there are other improvements, notably The suppression of wholesale products to retail customers in the also purchased box and a few minor bug fixes (mainly for known problems carried over from Zen Cart core code).

One limitation at this point is that categories that are empty because there are no retail products in them, remain open, which can look unsightly. The normally recommended approach of disabling clearly won't work here, since the may need to be active for wholesale clients.

Despite these changes, credit for the existence of the mod remains with manquant. He (or she?) did the groundwork and packaged the original.
    so do you still need to use the dual pricing mod as well as this updated one?

im thinking of switching my shop over from OSC and want to add a wholesale section.
    does this mod have a wholesale login etc?

Plugin Contributions

Yes, the hidden wholesale module is an addition to the dual wholesale module.

The regular zencart customer login will be utilized as the wholesale login. The dual pricing mod will allow you to specify pricing groups within the admin area (in the customers section). ie Group A, Group B, etc.

So install the dual pricing module, then install hidden wholesale, and add your different pricing for each wholesale level, but put $0 in the retail price spot for those products you want to hide before login.

Great mod. I've been using Dual Pricing for years but it always confused my customers that retail customers could see wholesale products (and were constantly trying to order wholesale items.)

However, as mentioned by someone else on this thread. If you have a product that is priced by attributes. You must leave the Product Price field blank (otherwise the product price is added to the attribute price). But when the Product Price is left blank, the mod assumes it is a wholesale item and the product is no longer visible to retail customers.

Any chance someone could write a little boolean magic to deal with this case? Or perhaps there is a work around I haven't thought of.

Plugin Contributions

Does this work with Dual Wholesale 1.6? Like "alucaskin" on the 1st page of this thread, I have a fresh install of ZC 1.3.8 and I can't get the wholesale products to show when logged in.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast