Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Hidden Wholesale

My client's site is using Zen Cart version 1.3.8 and has all products priced by attributes. He really, really wants to have wholesale pricing available, but only visible to the wholesalers. From what I have read, it looks like this mod will not work properly with products that are priced by attributes because the base price is 0, causing them to become hidden from the retail customers.

Is there any reason why the hide function had to use the price field? Couldn't another field be added to products to determine whether or not they are wholesale products or retail products and hide based on that field?

I am not super skilled in php yet, but it seems like this would be easy enough to do. Anyone else have products priced by attributes that is using this mod? Have you found a workaround?

Any help would be Greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Josh

Plugin Contributions

Hi Josh

The approach that you describe is close to what I do, and the reason why I revised this mod (version 2) to centralise the setting of the filter condition to allow users to get around the zero-price restriction (which to be fair the original author recognised as a bit of a hack too).

One approach would be to add one or more extra fields to the products table and then use tweak the init_customer_auth override to use these fields for filtering.

You'd also need to a way for your client to be able to set these fields. The normal way would be to add support for them to the admin/includes/modules files any product type that you clients uses. Though the alternative that I prefer is to customise the Quick Updates mod thus allowing many of them to be changed at once.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Kuroi, thanks for the reply. You said that the approach I described is close to what you do. Does version 2 already give a way to avoid the issue with the attribute priced products? If not, would you be available to customize the product for a fee?

Thanks,

Josh

Plugin Contributions

Kuroi, in a previous post for a Zenner that was trying to use Free Products, you suggested:

PHP Code:
      $custom_restriction' AND (p.products_price > 0 OR p.products_type = 3) '
    Wouldn't it be possible to use the product type for the attribute products to ensure that they aren't hidden as well?

Thanks,

Josh

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jackie.taferner View Post
    (...)

PHP Code:
    $show_categoriesfalse;

if (
    $_SESSION['customer_whole'] && $_SESSION['customer_whole'] != '0') {

$show_categoriestrue;
    } else {

$show_categoriesfalse;
    }

if (
    $show_categories == true) { 
    And then add a final closing tag on the end:

PHP Code:

Please note, this is only for those users who have installed Dual Pricing as well as Hidden Wholesale and want ALL categories to be hidden until user is upgraded to level 1 pricing or higher.
    Jackie,

Any chance you could help me figure how to hide a particular category instead of all of them?
    I've search the Forum as well as Google, but do not see anything about hidding a specific category to non-wholesale customers, only its products.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Damien

Plugin Contributions

damien,

That would be a bit more complex than the code i displayed earlier, because you'll need to specify category ID numbers, etc etc.

But.. this module might help you out: http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=391

I have not used it before, and not sure if it works in conjunction with the wholesale module, but it should be a great start.

My guess is it will block specific categories altogether (whether user logged in or not). If that's the case, we'll fandangle a little extra code to make the module only work if user is logged in.

Backup your files and database first, give the module a whirl, and let me know what the results are.

Plugin Contributions

Jackie,

Thanks for the reply and the tip about the hideCategoriest Mod.
    I do have that mod installed already. I never thought about using it combined with a $_SESSION['customer_whole'].

I will look into it and post if I can get something to work.

Thanks again for your time,

Damien

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Hidden Wholesale

Hi, thanks for the module. I have noticed a problem, when "also purchased products" is enabled non-wholesale customers can see the wholesale products and add them to the cart at a $0.00 amount. Not sure if this has been addressed, I did not see a mention of this within this tread or readme file. For now setting the Min and Max to 0 for "also purchased products" disables this display. Any ideas would be of great help, it's a nice feature for customers to see related purchases.

Plugin Contributions

mwcourtney,

You can hide this in a similar way as the code I have posted above.

Go to /includes/templates/YOURTEMPLATE/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php and find the place where your related products module is. Put the following code around that module's code:

PHP Code:
    if ($_SESSION['customer_whole'] && $_SESSION['customer_whole'] != '0') { 

// Here's where your module code goes

The other side where the grass IS greener
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by immortalitea View Post
    If you have a product that is priced by attributes. You must leave the Product Price field blank (otherwise the product price is added to the attribute price). But when the Product Price is left blank, the mod assumes it is a wholesale item and the product is no longer visible to retail customers.
    I got round this by making the price 0.0001, this way its not $0 and the product still shows, but it's to small an amount to be added to the attribute price.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast