Plugin Contributions

Default Problem with Upgrading from 1.3.6 to 1.3.8

[FONT=Calibri]I’m trying to upgrade my zencart 1.3.6 to the newest version. So far I have failed in every attempt. My biggest problem is data transfer. This is what I did:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri]Approach I (basically following the instruction)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri]Download and then upload the latest version, create a new database, edit both configure.php files to point to the server with correct userid and password, export data in a sql file from the existing db and import to the new db, and then [/FONT][FONT=Verdana]using a browser, surf to [/FONT][FONT=Default Monospace,Courier New,Courier,monospace]/zc_install/index.php. This is what I got:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]1146 Table 'store2009.products_discount_quantity' doesn't exist
    in:
    [show fields from products_discount_quantity][/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri][/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri]Approach II[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri]Download and then upload the latest version, create a new database, install a new cart, export data in a sql file from the existing db and import to the new db, run the installer again, choosing “upgrade”. In the end I could get nowhere. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri]I don’t know where I did wrong. Could somebody tell me if there’s a simpler way just to transfer data from one db to another?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri]Thank you in advance. [/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Default Second post: Problem with Upgrading from 1.3.6 to 1.3.8 – Your help please

[FONT=Times New Roman]I posted one message (please see the bottom of this posting) on August 2 seeking help for upgrading problems from zencart 1.3.6. to 1.3.8., but I have not received any response yet. After the post, I searched the forum and found something helpful in DrByte’s response to a query on upgrading problems from zencart 1.1.4. to 1.3.8 back on 28th July 2009. Following DrByte’s advice, I edited the following file (see below) and luckily, was able to move a few steps. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]DrByte’s response to [/FONT][FONT=Tahoma]Re: Upgrading from 1.1.4 beta to Zen Cart 1.3.8a[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma] (28th July 2009)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]You'll have to make a fairly small edit to one of the files:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]/zc_install/includes/classes/class.installer_version_manager.php[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]around line 284 you'll see this section of code. Add the 3 extra lines as shown in bold (2 lines in one spot, and one line later): [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]But after a few steps, I got stuck again with the following message:[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]1062 Duplicate entry '1-1' for key 1[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]in:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][INSERT INTO paypal_ipn_address_status VALUES (1, 1, 'confirmed');][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]=[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Can anybody help me with that? [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Many thanks in advance. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]-------------------------------------------------------[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]My original post on August 2, 2009:[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]I’m trying to upgrade my zencart 1.3.6 to the newest version. So far I have failed in every attempt. My biggest problem is data transfer. This is what I did:[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Approach I (basically following the instruction)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Download and then upload the latest version, create a new database, edit both configure.php files to point to the server with correct userid and password, export data in a sql file from the existing db and import to the new db, and then using a browser, surf to /zc_install/index.php. This is what I got:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]1146 Table 'store2009.products_discount_quantity' doesn't exist[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]in:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][show fields from products_discount_quantity][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Approach II[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Download and then upload the latest version, create a new database, install a new cart, export data in a sql file from the existing db and import to the new db, run the installer again, choosing “upgrade”. In the end I could get nowhere. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]I don’t know where I did wrong. Could somebody tell me if there’s a simpler way just to transfer data from one db to another?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Thank you in advance. [/FONT]