Plugin Contributions

Default EZ Populate 1.2.5.4 Models/Attributes

I am working with Easy Populate 1.5.4.2, I am able to download a Models/Attributes file and populate it with the correct data (sometimes 50 possibilities in a single option).

However, when I re-import this model/attributes file and insert into DB only the LAST row's set of attributes are added and none are inserted into specific products that they are specified by the "v_products_model" row.

Any ideas, I can possibly go item by item adding its attributes, hitting insert and creating a new set of attribute names for the next item on and on, but it would be impossibly long!

Can anyone point to successful use of model/attributes file for more than one model!?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EZ Populate 1.2.5.4 Models/Attributes

Quote Originally Posted by jbcholdings View Post
    I am working with Easy Populate 1.5.4.2, I am able to download a Models/Attributes file and populate it with the correct data (sometimes 50 possibilities in a single option).

However, when I re-import this model/attributes file and insert into DB only the LAST row's set of attributes are added and none are inserted into specific products that they are specified by the "v_products_model" row.

Any ideas, I can possibly go item by item adding its attributes, hitting insert and creating a new set of attribute names for the next item on and on, but it would be impossibly long!

Can anyone point to successful use of model/attributes file for more than one model!?
    After doing some thinking, and reviewing on the DB constructions, I think my problem is based on the fact that this version of EP is based on manipulating "v_product_model" because attributes seem to be based on "product_id" (there is a forum guide to adding "v_product_id" to EZ-POP, so I'm doing that)

Otherwise I'm going to build my own php/sql script to run through a TDL (tab-delimited list) and manipulate each attribute I create (unique) to associate with the product_ids

Making my own stuff might be easier said than done because I'm not a sql pro by any means -- we'll see any advice on how attributes are assigned and organized in the DB would be helpful!