Plugin Contributions

Default Need to right-click protect images

We have someone that we believe will be attempting to steal our product images that my client took himself, with his own camera, in his own home.

We have been using, on HTML sites (non-cart sites) a javascript for right-click preventing .... and the code goes within the head tags.

Is this something I can do for Zencart or do you think it will break the code of the cart?

This is kind of urgent so any help would be great appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need to right-click protect images

LOL ... Disabling right-click doesn't stop anybody from stealing images if they really want them.

But, if you feel that right-click disabling is adequate protection, simply drop in a script to do it. There are several discussions of the same matter elsewhere on the forum, including in the "Similar Threads" section at the bottom of this page.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

if someone really want the image..

you can do a PRT SCR and go to photoshop and vola paste it and have the image..

Sorry about that.. but like DrByte said there are many was around it..

Plugin Contributions

Ha, my 12 year old can pluck it from the source while texting

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

Well, I do have Image Handler 2 installed (on all zencarts I do), but for some reason, the watermarking capability isn't working on this one site.

Ok, just cause I've been sick all day and I just too tired to think ... what file has the <head> section for the cart so I can stick in the javascript we typically use? At least this will give us a temporary blocking measure until I can get the watermarking to work ... or something else better comes along.

EDIT - oh, and I keep forgetting about the similar threads listing since they are SO far below the normal functions (out of eye-shot) ... thanks for the reminder ... off to peruse them.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by beyre View Post
    ... what file has the <head> section for the cart so I can stick in the javascript we typically use?
    Don't touch the HEAD section!!!!!!!!!

Use the automated plugin capability for javascript support: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...s_-_Javascript

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.