Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Inperpret this error for me?

Hi there!

I've been editing my site today and I started getting the blank screen after customer registration error.

I installed the debugging thing and this is the error I got.

[03-Aug-2009 16:42:47] PHP Warning: session_regenerate_id() [<a href='function.session-regenerate-id'>function.session-regenerate-id</a>]: Cannot regenerate session id - headers already sent in /home/craft/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 167
    [03-Aug-2009 16:42:48] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/craft/public_html/includes/languages/english/create_account.php:59) in /home/craft/public_html/includes/functions/functions_general.php on line 44

Can someone please tell me what it means?

TIA!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Inperpret this error for me?

It means that output was sent to the visitor's browser prematurely causing PHP a problem.

This is a common type of error when there is a syntax error in your PHP, but unfortunately it tells you where the problem was spotted, but not where it happened.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks kuroi so you've no idea what I need to do to fix it?

I was installing the mod of "how did you hear about us?" I was merging some of the files I'd already edited. I came across this issue to I uploaded my back up of the files but the issue was still there.

there was a SQL patch installed as part of the mod however I didn't back up my sql before I installed it do don't know how to put it back.

Can anyone help?! Please?

Plugin Contributions

I know exactly what you need to do ... you need to track down the premature output and stop it. What I can't tell you is where on your site it is happening.

Sometimes these issues manifest themselves by displaying characters at the top of the browser window. If so they can be searched for using the developers tool kit in the Admin > Tools menu.

If not you would need to look back at all files changed recently, whether linked to the mod you have installed or otherwise. Though by the sounds of it, the mod that you installed is linked to the place where the error occurs and so is a good candidate for involvement in some way.

It's unlikely that this is linked to the SQL patch that you ran.

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

hmmm yes ... how to find out where the premature output is coming from is the issue! all that I get when the submit button is clicked on is a fully blank page and the url finishes with create_account.

So the issue's got nothing to do with the files that the issue refers to then?

Plugin Contributions

Is it relevant that the error lists
    output started at /home/craft/public_html/includes/languages/english/create_account.php:59
    but there isn't a line 59 in create_account.php?

Plugin Contributions

That's very significant. It suggests a problem with line endings when your files were uploaded causing them to be double spaced on your server. So you will need to look at the copy on the server to work out where the problem is. look for a syntax error on that line or one just before it, such as a missing apostrophe.

Plugin Contributions

First of all, can I just say I REALLY appreciate your help on this!

Ok so I can't see anything wrong. Can you?

Here's the last few lines.

// email disclaimer - this disclaimer is separate from all other email disclaimers
    define('EMAIL_DISCLAIMER_NEW_CUSTOMER', 'This email address was given to us by you or by one of our customers. If you did not signup for an account, or feel that you have received this email in error, please send an email to %s ');

//moved definitions to english.php
    //define('TABLE_HEADING_PRIVACY_CONDITIONS', 'Privacy Statement');
    //define('TEXT_PRIVACY_CONDITIONS_DESCRIPTION', 'Please acknowledge you agree with our privacy statement by ticking the following box. The privacy statement can be read <a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_PRIVACY, '', 'SSL') . '"><span class="pseudolink">here</span></a>.');
    //define('TEXT_PRIVACY_CONDITIONS_CONFIRM', 'I have read and agreed to your privacy statement.');
    //define('TABLE_HEADING_ADDRESS_DETAILS', 'Address Details');
    //define('TABLE_HEADING_PHONE_FAX_DETAILS', 'Additional Contact Details');
    //define('TABLE_HEADING_DATE_OF_BIRTH', 'Verify Your Age');
    //define('TABLE_HEADING_LOGIN_DETAILS', 'Login Details');
    //define('TABLE_HEADING_REFERRAL_DETAILS', 'Were You Referred to Us?');
    ?>

Plugin Contributions

Ok, so I replaced the create_account.php file with an earlier backed up file and tried again and I still get the blank page however now at the end of the url I get:

create_account&zenid=1203f3a6145db88e1c986d4c3459f905

any idea what has caused the change? The only difference in the two files was I think one file had a few "enters"/extra lines at the end. (that's the old one that I just put up there)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What are the new error messages in the logs since making that change?

Also, when you click "Reply" there are a number of questions listed under "Posting Tips". Please answer those questions.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast