Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default ALERT: PayPal Direct Payment Error (10001 <!-- -->)

ALERT: PayPal Direct Payment Error (10001 <!-- -->)
    10001 Internal Error - Internal Error

So I got this error message in my email and a customer
    calling up saying the website wasnt working properly.
    We've been up for months and this is the first time I
    have seen this.

Any idea what it means? The customers order didnt
    go through of course.

Thanks,
    Mike

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ALERT: PayPal Direct Payment Error (10001 <!-- -->)

"10001 Internal Error" indicates a problem on PayPal's end.
    Probably related to other problems PayPal was having today: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133835

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

This could mean a lot of things, but in my case it was that the WRONG credit card number was used, or the expiration date was incorrect.

I just installed payments pro and was fooling around paying myself, etc, to make sure it worked. I intentionally entered an incorrect expiration date, and the internal error 10001 appeared in the Zencart checkout window. I backed up and input the correct date and it processed just fine.

My question is: is there a way to configure this so it says: "Credit Card not Valid" or something similar so that the user knows it was a mistake they made?

BTW, Paypal also emailed me a one line email with the same error code.

Surprised others have not run across this.

Pete

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If PayPal returns a code that actually means the card is invalid or the date is wrong, then the appropriate message will be displayed. 10001 does NOT indicate a customer error. It means there's an error on PayPal's end.
    If you believe they're reporting an error incorrectly, please tell them about it so they can fix it on their end: www.paypal.com/mts

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I am receiving this error message several times a day. It seems to be only happening when customers try and checkout using InternetExplorer or Firefox, customers using Safari or Chrome do not experience this issue. When they try and checkout via Paypal, it just loops them right back to the beginning of our checkout process, and sends me the 10001 email.

This thing has been frustrating the heck out of me. I have no idea what to do.

Why would it only happen on some browsers if it's PAYPAL's issue? And is submitting some ticket to them really going to do anything? Won't it just go into their internal survey stuff, and probably make absolutely no difference.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quite frankly, if you don't log a ticket with them then you'll never know, will you?

Plugin Contributions

you are totally right. I'm sorry about being such a crank =( I'll do that. Thanks for the help, Dr. Byte.

Plugin Contributions

Just an update here...I logged a ticket with paypal, and it turned out that some of the symbols in our product names were breaking their system. Specifically # & % et cetera. So I setup something to filter them out before it sends the paypal request and it worked well for several months. Now is just started cropping up again getting 5-6 of them a day, and hardly any successful paypal orders. Ugh, no idea whats happening now, I am sending my logs to paypal, and researching here as much as possible.

Plugin Contributions

So to fix this problem, I just made sure I had THIS line in both
    /includes/modules/payment/paypalwpp.php (on line 1488)
    /includes/modules/payment/paypaldp.php (line 1269)

Code:
    $optionsLI["L_NAME$k"] = str_replace(array('&','=','%'), '*', $optionsLI["L_NAME$k"]);
    &, =, % were the culprits for me, but you might have to add other symbols in there if you use them in your product names, I don't know which other symbols might break.

Hope this helps somebody, it has been a series of massive headaches for me!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Apparently you're using an old version of Zen Cart?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast