Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Tried Debug Error Logging- no results, Blank Pages

Ok I have racking my brain on this for a few hours now.

Last night I moved my cart from www.johnmorganmd.com/zencart/ to the root '/' but now . I followed the FAQ about changing the config files (catalog and admin). My admin section seems to work just fine. The problem is that on 2 categories it leads to a white page.

Also the log in feature does not work. It seems to not be creating the session for a login.

If u create a new account the entry becomes available but there still is a white screen.

I have enabled the Debug Logging Utility but I am not getting any files today. But I got some last night when i tried to make the switch. These where caused because i left an "zencart/" in a define statement.

I have done the most common thing and re-uploaded all the function, module, etc files to see if that fix it but of course...

I have even enabled the define('STRICT_ERROR_REPORTING', true); method and that is not giving me anything.

However in the admin panel i get these messages:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/content/j/o/n/jonmorganmd/html/includes/functions/functions_email.php:1109) in /home/content/j/o/n/jonmorganmd/html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 108

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/j/o/n/jonmorganmd/html/includes/functions/functions_email.php:1109) in /home/content/j/o/n/jonmorganmd/html/skin/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 36

Any help would be great!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Tried Debug Error Logging- no results, Blank Pages

Progress! Kinda

Ok so now the debugger is creating the log files. i can get them from /includes/cache. here is what each one says:

[04-Aug-2009 21:11:08] PHP Warning: session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/content/j/o/n/jonmorganmd/html/includes/configure.php:120) in /home/content/j/o/n/jonmorganmd/html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 108

[04-Aug-2009 21:11:08] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/j/o/n/jonmorganmd/html/includes/configure.php:120) in /home/content/j/o/n/jonmorganmd/html/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 152

[04-Aug-2009 21:11:08] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/j/o/n/jonmorganmd/html/includes/configure.php:120) in /home/content/j/o/n/jonmorganmd/html/includes/functions/functions_general.php on line 82

Clearly its all about the sessions. And clearly I need some one smarter than me who knows about this kinda stuff.

Still trying.... Thanks every one

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pointwise View Post
    [04-Aug-2009 21:11:08] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/j/o/n/jonmorganmd/html/includes/configure.php:120) in /home/content/j/o/n/jonmorganmd/html/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 152

[04-Aug-2009 21:11:08] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/j/o/n/jonmorganmd/html/includes/configure.php:120) in /home/content/j/o/n/jonmorganmd/html/includes/functions/functions_general.php on line 82
    Looking up the "headers already sent" message in the FAQ area brings up this article: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=87 which clarifies that the above messages are a result of something amuck on line 120 of your configure.php file.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

After you fix the configure.php error, I recommend this FAQ article: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=122

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Looking up the "headers already sent" message in the FAQ area brings up this article: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=87 which clarifies that the above messages are a result of something amuck on line 120 of your configure.php file.
    I have checked the config file and nothing is amiss as far as I can tell. But according to the article, I need to fix the session error first because that might be whats causing the "headers" problem.

Any ideas on that one?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Doesn't the message say that there's a session problem because headers were already sent, and that the thing that sent the headers was a problem in your configure.php file?

Plugin Contributions

im getting the same thing a blank page when i click the "add to cart" button.
    I have installed the debugger. cool tool!

here is the info from the debugger:
    [05-Aug-2009 21:05:50] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/***********/html/zc_store/includes/languages/english.php:1401) in /home/content/***********//html/zc_store/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 78

here is line 78
    header("Content-Type: text/html; charset=" . CHARSET);

[05-Aug-2009 21:05:50] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/h/s/h/hshort39/html/zc_store/includes/languages/english.php:1401) in /home/content/h/s/h/hshort39/html/zc_store/includes/functions/functions_general.php on line 44

here is line 44
    header('Location: ' . $url);

I dont see anything out of place. It is exactly the same as my other cart that works fine.
    what am i missing um help!
    jim
    Last edited by semaxd; 6 Aug 2009 at 05:34 AM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You're looking at the wrong file and line number. Read my posts above, and the links I posted.

The error message is telling you "output started at .... english.php:1401". So, look on line 1401 of english.php for the problem.

Plugin Contributions

ok i read it backwards trying to go to fast.
    Thanks Doc you rock! removed the extra blank lines. all fixed now!!
    your the best!

Plugin Contributions

Okay so maybe I have been staring at this computer screen too long but I am having a similar issue with different outcomes. the site is http://fullmooncyclesalvage.com when I click a manufacturer link or add an item to cart it gives me the blank page. Items are added to the cart successfully I might mention but still a blank page. So okay now I installed the debug tool and here is my output:

[21-Sep-2009 11:52:57] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/f/u/l/fullmooncycle/html/hosting/fullmooncyclesalvage/includes/languages/english.php:1401) in /home/content/f/u/l/fullmooncycle/html/hosting/fullmooncyclesalvage/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 78

Also:

[21-Sep-2009 11:53:05] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/f/u/l/fullmooncycle/html/hosting/fullmooncyclesalvage/includes/languages/english.php:1401) in /home/content/f/u/l/fullmooncycle/html/hosting/fullmooncyclesalvage/includes/functions/functions_general.php on line 44

Line 1401 is nonexistent its right after the
    ?>
    which is line 1399

So I checked also init_templates.php on line 77-81

* The actual template directory to use

*/

define('DIR_WS_TEMPLATE', DIR_WS_TEMPLATES . $template_dir . '/');

dont see any errors there ?!
    very confusing. Any help with this is greatly appreciated!

Nathan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast