Plugin Contributions

Default Order Emails and Order Updates not Sending all of a sudden.

I've contacted my host (host-99) and they think this is a zencart issue. The last New Order Alert I received was on 8/4. I have had orders since, that I am not alerted too. Also the order update emails are not going out. I have changed nothing in the past 2 days. Anyone have an idea here?
    www.grapediscounts.com
    Zen Version 1.3.9f, Mods: Click-Show-Hide Menu, IH3, Editable SB, Recently Viewed SB, Froogle, EZ-Pop

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Order Emails and Order Updates not Sending all of a sudden.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I installed the patch when it was released. Also already had the admin directory renamed. Why does my zen admin still tell me that there is a security patch available?

And my email issue still doesn't work.
    www.grapediscounts.com
    Zen Version 1.3.9f, Mods: Click-Show-Hide Menu, IH3, Editable SB, Recently Viewed SB, Froogle, EZ-Pop

Plugin Contributions

Also, I just placed an order for .01 from the site under my personal account and while the order went through, I did not get an email from ZC confirming the order.
    www.grapediscounts.com

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stlnyc View Post
    Why does my zen admin still tell me that there is a security patch available?
    There are only 2 reasons for that:
    a) Since the latest version as of today is v1.3.8a, if you're using an older version, the message will still appear even if you apply the security patch.
    b) If all 5 files of the security patch haven't been properly applied into the correct folders, the patch notice will still appear.
    Best to download the patch zip, unzip it, and re-apply all the files.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stlnyc View Post
    Order Emails and Order Updates not Sending all of a sudden.
    I've contacted my host (host-99) and they think this is a zencart issue. The last New Order Alert I received was on 8/4. I have had orders since, that I am not alerted too. Also the order update emails are not going out. I have changed nothing in the past 2 days. Anyone have an idea here?
    Well, if *you* have not changed anything in the past 2 days, then that leaves only a couple options:
    a) your HOST changed something
    b) a hacker changed something (hence the link to the patch --- maybe you need to go through and do the cleanup as if you'd been hacked, just to find out whether you have or haven't?)
    c) your server was blacklisted as sending spam (not necessarily from *you*, but maybe from another account on that server)
    d) the full moon is pulling all the emails into a black hole somewhere