Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Billing and Shipping Address Blank with Express Checkout

We have a problem with our website and paypal express checkout.
    When people pay by express checkout, we get the payment fine and invoice is also created.
    The issue is with the invoice. We do not have any billing or shipping addresses in the invoice and we have to manually go to paypal and collect the address information from there.

All other payment methods ie Payoffline, Google checkout , Nochex and Paypal Pro works fine.

We are using zencart 1.38a, on a LAMP server.
    All latest security patches installed.
    Can someone help where I should start looking.
    If a file is corrupt which files can be.
    Debugs show no errors.

Thank you in advance

Plugin Contributions

application error Re: Billing and Shipping Address Blank with Express Checkout

I know this is an old post but I have the same problem. I can't seem to find a fix. Anyone know what's causing this. I will post a couple of screenshots. I traced the blank name and ship to address just to people using PayPal express. I tried it with my personal account but cant recreate it. But I am getting a lot of this happening. Been happening a long time now, but now that I am getting a lot of orders it becoming a pain. Customers are calling me and telling me they are having problems from the glitches.

It seems limited to paypal express because I check my paypal payments for everyone of those orders and it shows paypal express and they have confirmed addresses. I have not came across one with an unconfirmed address with a paypal express transaction.

Thanks,
    Charles
    Sunrise Leather Company
    1-800-999-2575
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	order_screeny.jpg 
Views:	583 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	7247   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edit_order_screeny.jpg 
Views:	632 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	7248   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	invoice_screeny.jpg 
Views:	577 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	7249  

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Billing and Shipping Address Blank with Express Checkout

Any ideas on this anyone?

Plugin Contributions

has anyone sorted this out?? i have the same problem ? i did have a "array_merge() [function.array-merge]: " error but i have sorted that out and now ppe leaves a blank customer name, shipping address and billing address. i tried with the settings set to make a account and not make account. this doesn't seem to make any difference. i do seem to be having problems with the zones, as my server is in Florida and my store is uk based.

i seem to be a bit confused about the zones

thanks

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Billing and Shipping Address Blank with Express Checkout

So I just did a log of the transactions that show up Blank. I am sure my problem is with the PayPal Express Payment Module.

I did a log of all the blank payments and check them up in my PayPal account. All of the blank names says they are:

1.) Express Checkout Payment Received. (Unique Transaction ID ###########)

2.) They all show Confirmed Shipping Address.

3.) Also next to their name some say the sender of this payment is Verified others say they are unverified, one says the sender is unregistered. Yet they all say their shipping address is confirmed???

Here are my PayPal Express Checkout settings:

Enable this Payment Module
    Do you want to enable this payment module?

True

Sort order of display.

Payment Zone
    If a zone is selected, only enable this payment method for that zone.
    None

Set Order Status
    Set the status of orders paid with this payment module to this value.
    Recommended: Processing[2]

Set Unpaid Order Status

Set the status of unpaid orders made with this payment module to this value.
    Recommended: Pending[1]

Set Refund Order Status
    Set the status of refunded orders to this value.
    Recommended: Pending[1]

Express Checkout: Require Confirmed Address
    Do you want to require that your customers use a *confirmed* address when choosing their shipping address in PayPal?

No

Express Checkout: Select Cheapest Shipping Automatically
    When customer returns from PayPal, do we want to automatically select the Cheapest shipping method and skip the shipping page? (making it more *express*)
    Note: enabling this means the customer does *not* have easy access to select an alternate shipping method (without going back to the Checkout-Step-1 page)

No

Express Checkout: Skip Payment Page
    If the customer is checking out with Express Checkout, do you want to skip the checkout payment page, making things more *express*?
    (NOTE: The Payment Page will auto-display regardless of this setting if you have Coupons or Gift Certificates enabled in your store.)

No

Express Checkout: Automatic Account Creation

If a visitor is not an existing customer, a Zen Cart account is created for them. Would you like make it a permanent account and send them an email containing their login information?
    NOTE: Permanent accounts are auto-created if the customer purchases downloads or gift certificates, regardless of this setting.

Yes

Payment Action
    How do you want to obtain payment?
    Default: Final Sale

Final Sale

Transaction Currency
    Which currency should the order be sent to PayPal as?
    NOTE: if an unsupported currency is sent to PayPal, it will be auto-converted to USD (or GBP if using UK account)
    Default: Selected Currency

Selected Currency
    Only USD

PayPal Page Style
    The page-layout style you want customers to see when they visit the PayPal site. You can configure your Custom Page Styles in your PayPal Profile settings. This value is case-sensitive.

Primary

API Signature -- Username
    The API Username from your PayPal API Signature settings under *API Access*. This value typically looks like an email address and is case-sensitive.

Not Posting

API Signature -- Password
    The API Password from your PayPal API Signature settings under *API Access*. This value is a 16-character code and is case-sensitive.

Not Posting

API Signature -- Signature Code
    The API Signature from your PayPal API Signature settings under *API Access*. This value is a 56-character code, and is case-sensitive.

Not Posting

PayPal Mode
    Which PayPal API system should be used for processing?
    Choices:
    For choice #1, you need to supply API Settings above.
    1. PayPal = Express Checkout with a regular PayPal account
    or
    for choices 2 & 3 you need to supply PAYFLOW settings, below (and have a Payflow account)
    2. Payflow-UK = Website Payments Pro UK Payflow Edition
    3. Payflow-US = Payflow Pro Gateway only

PayPal

Live or Sandbox
    Live: Used to process Live transactions
    Sandbox: For developers and testing

live

Debug Mode
    Would you like to enable debug mode? A complete detailed log of failed transactions will be emailed to the store owner.

Off

Plugin Contributions

Also I should note I have:

PayPal IPN - Website Payments Standard
    PayPal Website Payments Pro
    PayPal Express Checkout

All enabled (turned on) in the payment module page.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by creinold View Post
    Also I should note I have:

PayPal IPN - Website Payments Standard
    PayPal Website Payments Pro
    PayPal Express Checkout

All enabled (turned on) in the payment module page.
    1. If you're using Express Checkout, then you DO NOT need IPN/Standard also installed. Click Remove on the IPN module. Otherwise you're giving customers multiple PayPal choices which look the same, resulting in confusion, which results in fewer completed checkouts.
    2. If you have Website Payments Pro enabled, I assume you've also subscribed to the monthly fee for use of Website Payments Pro as part of your contract with PayPal? If not, you should remove that module as well.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Which one is better to use? IPN/Standard or Express? Should I just remove express since that's seems where I am getting the blank information?

I use Website Payments Pro to process Credit Card transaction via PayPal. That will be changing in a few days as at my retail store I changed Credit Card processors and they also support Autorize.net for internet orders. So I will be disabling that next week. =)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Apart from your very bizarre situation which I've never encountered before, Express is way more reliable that Standard.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Okay I am racking my brain on this. I am still having the problem. I signed up for Authorize.net so I can get off of using PayPal to process my credit card transactions. I still use PayPal express for my customers who still prefer PayPal.

When 1.3.9D came out. I did a total wipe of my files and started fresh with the exception of the database.

With "no" mods installed, I was still getting the problem. I reinstalled all my mods that I used previous 1.3.8 again last week since it seems pre-modded I was having the problem.

I get a order or two every other day with blank customer information. Both with PayPal and with authorize.net

I did notice a trend with them. Seems like it is happening with my older repeat customers. I talked to a few customers who called me. They claim they placed an order but they didn't get any confirmation and that when they kept putting their customer information in, it would just wipe out and not save, but their online bank shows we got the money, which we do.

The orders generate but has no phone numbers, email address or billing/shipping address. All those are blank. The card card XXXXXXX5432 and the customer name on the card card does show and that the only information I get.

I am pretty stumped...

Any ideas? I need to get this fixed.

Thanks,
    Charles

I should note paypal expess is similar but I am getting a ship to address, nothing else. No email, phone number and billing address.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast