Plugin Contributions

cart error Paypal IPN order not showing in Zencart. Tried Fixes, info inside.

Hello,
    I am a newbie, so I am sorry in advance if I don't make much sense.

I received an email from paypal today saying I received payment for an order on my website.
    Admin doesn't show an order.
    I googled and as I am with Godaddy, I updated my CURL to false, and checked my paypal IPN settings. The IPN setting in my paypal account was actually the page meant to be on the Website Payment Preferences. I have changed from a http to a https so I changed them both to the correct ones.

I still can't see the customers order and it doesn't tell me what it is in the paypal transaction. I just says: Pink Sugar Design Purchase
    Item Number Store Receipt.
    Not really helpful...

Is there anything else I am meant to do? Also will the order magically appear, or will I need to contact the customer and ask them what they bought? Is there a way I can find out?

So sorry to bother everyone. I know there are many threads like mine but I cannot tell how they found the order in question and I just want to make sure I have actually fixed it.

Many thanks,
    T.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal IPN order not showing in Zencart. Tried Fixes, info inside.

EDIT: My apologies. I am using the new version of zencart 1.3.8, php5, mysql5, on godaddy windows host.
    Please ask for further details as I am not sure if thats everything. Also I am from Australia with a Paypal Business Merchant account.
    I also have a .htaccess file, SSL cert.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Best way to determine if you've "fixed it" is to place an actual order and watch it come through ... or not.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for that.
    I have put through and order and it worked.
    But how do I find the order that the customer did that never showed in admin?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Some people have had varying degrees of success with using this addon: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98343

And, of course, you could contact the customer if all else fails.

And ... I would gently add that this is a prime example of why one should test full transactions before going live ... just to be sure things are working as expected. It's a good reminder, especially for future readers of this discussion.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks again. I will give that a go.

I had made some test transactions but paypal was the only one I didn't try as I couldn't use my own paypal account. I ran the test order with my husbands account, and it went through. Definitly what I should have done firstly.

Thanks for the help. I used quit a few of your tips today that I found on the Zen Cart forums. :)

Now off to find the mysterious order.